The Student Room Group

Geography CIE A level discussion

Hi, what to do you think is going to come up from each topic?
no idea mate, just gotta hope its something you can waffle about and make it sound like you kinda know what you are saying
Reply 2
Which variant are you doing?
Original post by jadedlad
no idea mate, just gotta hope its something you can waffle about and make it sound like you kinda know what you are saying
im doing edexcel, got paper 2 on thursday
Original post by Paucrzdo
Which variant are you doing?
I’m doing coasts and hazards
Well, I just screwed that up badly. Talked about tropical storms and tornadoes for large scale atmospheric events when it's only tropical storms. Also screwed up coasts. Goodbye uni.
Hi all,

For the final arid environments question on the sustainable management of an semi arid/arid environment, it said 'a case study' and I talked about three different case studies but unlike previous past papers the emphasis on 'one' case study was not in bold and it said 'a case study'.

Does anyone have any clarification as what position this leaves me in?
Original post by juicyapples
Well, I just screwed that up badly. Talked about tropical storms and tornadoes for large scale atmospheric events when it's only tropical storms. Also screwed up coasts. Goodbye uni.

Sorry to hear that!! Are you sure that you did badly? Maybe the examiners do just Positive Marking’
Reply 8
Im not entirely sure, but usually they tend to mark the first case study you mention. Check with your teacher though!
Original post by tmaifredi
Hi all,

For the final arid environments question on the sustainable management of an semi arid/arid environment, it said 'a case study' and I talked about three different case studies but unlike previous past papers the emphasis on 'one' case study was not in bold and it said 'a case study'.

i spoke about both tornadoes and tropical storms too ? i don’t get how that’s wrong ???
Original post by juicyapples
Tornados are small scale cyclones. The question only asked for large atmospheric disturbances. But they might have meant the level of destruction or impact on people’s lives, I spoke about them too. I guess all we can do is just hope for the best
Original post by sharonisntcool
i spoke about both tornadoes and tropical storms too ? i don’t get how that’s wrong ???
omg no !!!!!!!!! i thought i did so well in that question as well !!! that’s actually so annoying, why didn’t they say tropical cyclones because all i read was tornadoes 🙃
i checked the mark scheme and they don’t take marks away for being wrong , they only award marks positively but still i am so annoyed

Original post by camargobruna
Tornados are small scale cyclones. The question only asked for large atmospheric disturbances. But they might have meant the level of destruction or impact on people’s lives, I spoke about them too. I guess all we can do is just hope for the best
For the atmospheric disturbance I wrote half my essay on tornadoes which I assume is okay. I then went on a tangent and wrote the rest in volcanos!!!!
Invigilator said to put pens down then I released it was atmospheric.
No ones ****ed up as bad as me so don’t even worry ( : )
yeah my essay was 50% tornadoes and 50% tropical storms which is so irritating, if only they specified it was tropical storms
Original post by Shelley_braddock
For the atmospheric disturbance I wrote half my essay on tornadoes which I assume is okay. I then went on a tangent and wrote the rest in volcanos!!!!
Invigilator said to put pens down then I released it was atmospheric.
No ones ****ed up as bad as me so don’t even worry ( : )
Reply 15
Hi all,

Does anyone remember what this exact question was? Was it something along the lines of 'Evaluate the solutions to the problems of sustainable management in your choice of semi-arid/arid area?' thanks a lot
Original post by tmaifredi
Hi all,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending