The Student Room Group

Relationship

I have a best friend who is a girl and we went on a group holiday together and she likes a guy in this group and she told me that her and this boy are a together - I really care about them as they are my best friend But when I asked the guy are you and the girl a thing he said No!

What do I do?? As i don't want to break my best friends heart and upset them by saying that the guy says your not a thing . But I don't want to lose them as a best friend if they found out that I ask they guy and he said No and I didn't tell my friend that
(edited 4 years ago)
I think you should talk to them separately about it each - it's not fair on the couple to be on different pages and unfortunately, you are now the middle man. I suggest you lightly mention to the girl that perhaps she needs to have a chat with the boy? Just so they clarify where they're at. :smile:
They may have decided to keep it quiet, and he might not know that she had told you.
Reply 3
They Both know that I know about is as I was around them both and saw them kissing
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
They may have decided to keep it quiet, and he might not know that she had told you.
Stay out of it. It's their issue to deal with (if there even is one). A third party trying to "help" will only complicate things further.
Reply 5
Shes my best friend though and if hes messing her around letting her think they are boyfriend and girlfriend and then he tells me they are not a thing. I don't want him upsetting my best friend, Hes not answering any messages on texts,calls,social media off either of us so does that not suggest something
Original post by sinfonietta
Stay out of it. It's their issue to deal with (if there even is one). A third party trying to "help" will only complicate things further.
It seems that things have gotten complicated from reading the rest of your thread. If he is not answering either of you, then just let him be for now. As for your best friend, it may be best to tell her what he told you. Though it's going to complicate things more and most likely become a bigger drama, it is better for her to know that he does not think the same way. Just be prepared for the backlash, because if you decide to tell her, she will most likely confront him about it. Unfortunately you already got yourself involved and if your best friend finds out you knew all this time, she will be very upset with you and him.
Reply 7
I said that I asked him and he didn't seam sure as he said No when I asked about them both being a thing but she said he kissed her on lips, I have told her to ask her parents what to do as well.
Original post by Anonymous
It seems that things have gotten complicated from reading the rest of your thread. If he is not answering either of you, then just let him be for now. As for your best friend, it may be best to tell her what he told you. Though it's going to complicate things more and most likely become a bigger drama, it is better for her to know that he does not think the same way. Just be prepared for the backlash, because if you decide to tell her, she will most likely confront him about it. Unfortunately you already got yourself involved and if your best friend finds out you knew all this time, she will be very upset with you and him.
Original post by Scott J
I said that I asked him and he didn't seam sure as he said No when I asked about them both being a thing but she said he kissed her on lips, I have told her to ask her parents what to do as well.

Sounds like your friend is getting ahead of herself. A couple is only official if they've agreed to be a couple. Kissing commitment.
I agree with sinfonietta, kissing does not equal to being official. I think you and your friend are making a tornado in a cup of water. It's not that deep. Let them resolve their issues and step out of the situation. If he is playing her, she'll find out either way. As for asking her parents, all they can do is advice her on what to do regarding this. The point is to find out if he is taking your best friend as serious as she's taking him. That's the whole problem. Let them resolve it on their own and step out.
Reply 10
I think that she really worried that hes not answering any messages and calls of her and wondering does he still love her. I have told he Im here if she wants to talk and basically what i got from what he said when I asked are you a thing and he said NO - That she likes him more than he likes her- If hes not replying to her messages or calls then to me that suggests it was more like a holiday romance as last week his insta wasn't private and I could see his posts and now it is and he has removed me from S/C and not accepting either of us- So I think hes hiding somthing.. But im going to step back and see what happens
Original post by Anonymous
I agree with sinfonietta, kissing does not equal to being official. I think you and your friend are making a tornado in a cup of water. It's not that deep. Let them resolve their issues and step out of the situation. If he is playing her, she'll find out either way. As for asking her parents, all they can do is advice her on what to do regarding this. The point is to find out if he is taking your best friend as serious as she's taking him. That's the whole problem. Let them resolve it on their own and step out.
From what you just mentioned, it was a fling for him. It was not serious, just some fun holiday fling and your friend took it as something more serious unfortunately. Your best friend will get over it with time, just be there for her.
Original post by Scott J
I think that she really worried that hes not answering any messages and calls of her and wondering does he still love her. I have told he Im here if she wants to talk and basically what i got from what he said when I asked are you a thing and he said NO - That she likes him more than he likes her- If hes not replying to her messages or calls then to me that suggests it was more like a holiday romance as last week his insta wasn't private and I could see his posts and now it is and he has removed me from S/C and not accepting either of us- So I think hes hiding somthing.. But im going to step back and see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending