The Student Room Group

Aqa english language

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raymond20lee
Who thought there wasn't much language techniques in q2.

Apart from personification and adjectives and verb and a rule of three

there was a simile and juxtaposition as well
Congratulations to us who has done paper 1 today all the best.

Comment in the group chat what you have done well.

Focus on revising for paper 2 on

Q5, Q4 and Q3 the biggest Mark's on paper 2
Original post by Mzhax
it was the name of the father though...

from what other ppl said in my school it was the surname. i put smth like the writer describes hartop as...
i failed definately on the creative writing, i wrote about how people were dying in the market because of the heat and vegetables, ive definately made it terrible. but i made it creative and original
Reply 24
Original post by SansaStark#queen
i failed definately on the creative writing, i wrote about how people were dying in the market because of the heat and vegetables, ive definately made it terrible. but i made it creative and original

its unique just be positive :smile:
We Cant judge ourselves how badly we gone, think about the positives things you done And remember focus on paper 2
Original post by SansaStark#queen
Reply 26
Original post by hanifah8716
abandoned. Basically copied and pasted a story i wrote the day before and tweaked it.

smart
Some teachers taught students to write a story of there own and then add apart of question to answer it. If students are not good at writing a descriptive piece
Original post by Mzhax
smart
Original post by Mzhax
smart

thats what i basically did but i run out of time
Original post by Mzhax
dont u get better marks if u merge shows ur grasping on a wider scale

no the examiner needs to know what you chose
What did you think of question 3 and 4.

Some other students said question 4 was quite difficult.
I didn't like the paper at all.
Who thought there wasn't much language techniques in q2.

Apart from personification and adjectives and verb and a rule of three

same i thought that !! wrote loads about use of adjectives and verbs not really any similes and metaphors or other techniques that i could talk about
Why, didn't you like the paper.

Did you find it difficult.
Original post by Saverah
I didn't like the paper at all.
Reply 33
Reasonable- structure as usual a challenge. Was the father cruel to Alice? 100% yes and 100% sympathy for her situation. She had become a none person, rendered mute by his aggressive attitude to her. The fact that she accepted his bullying ‘stoically’ further goes to show that his bullying was not new and had been going on for some time and that she had developed her own defence mechanisms in order to cope with her abusive father. Staying silent or mute was one of these coping strategies which helped her manage when under his verbal assault. The reader could feel nothing but sympathy for her situation and the writer used a number of techniques to make the reader feel this way. Clever use of the adjective mute was one of the literary techniques used and made us feel that this child was so persecuted that she was too nervous and downtrodden to speak- rendered speechless by her fathers anger directed at her and the consequent humiliation this brought. I felt sad just reading the text.

How did you find your GCSE ENGLISH EXAM.

WAS THE SOURCE EASY.

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR QUESTION 5 DESCRIPTION OR STORY ON ABANDONED.
Reply 34
Agree with your comments
Original post by purple face 2001
same i thought that !! wrote loads about use of adjectives and verbs not really any similes and metaphors or other techniques that i could talk about
Like the way how you answered the structured piece. I would say you probably passed this. If you wrote that in the exam.
Original post by PROFNOT
Reasonable- structure as usual a challenge. Was the father cruel to Alice? 100% yes and 100% sympathy for her situation. She had become a none person, rendered mute by his aggressive attitude to her. The fact that she accepted his bullying ‘stoically’ further goes to show that his bullying was not new and had been going on for some time and that she had developed her own defence mechanisms in order to cope with her abusive father. Staying silent or mute was one of these coping strategies which helped her manage when under his verbal assault. The reader could feel nothing but sympathy for her situation and the writer used a number of techniques to make the reader feel this way. Clever use of the adjective mute was one of the literary techniques used and made us feel that this child was so persecuted that she was too nervous and downtrodden to speak- rendered speechless by her fathers anger directed at her and the consequent humiliation this brought. I felt sad just reading the text.
i hated that paper man i was disappointed in the extract
for the structure question i said it has a cyclical structure because theres no development and represents how theyre gonna be doing the same thing forever
i sort of took the piss out of the extract in my essays lol
What did you think of question 3 and 4.

Some other students said question 4 was quite difficult.

Original post by PROFNOT

for q4 i said yes he was cruel but also another reason why he's cruel is that they are poor and they need alice to get money and stuff as they live in a van
Anyone else write about the repetition of the imperative ‘Go’ in question 4? Because it kind of shows how he’s controlling/demanding and the fact that he still said it after Alice got the flowers of the roof shows how his demands are continuous and he’s unappreciative of what Alice did..
Thats a good valid point. However there was an exclamatory to emphasis he was controlling and demanding.
Original post by georgiamaegriff
Anyone else write about the repetition of the imperative ‘Go’ in question 4? Because it kind of shows how he’s controlling/demanding and the fact that he still said it after Alice got the flowers of the roof shows how his demands are continuous and he’s unappreciative of what Alice did..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending