The Student Room Group

Please help gcse history

I wrote about the battle of Marne in my exam but I just realised I got the name wrong and said the battle of Jutland instead do you thing I’d lose a lot of marks for that please helppp I’m stressing out
Original post by Ellajefferson
I wrote about the battle of Marne in my exam but I just realised I got the name wrong and said the battle of Jutland instead do you thing I’d lose a lot of marks for that please helppp I’m stressing out

In what context did you write about it? What was the question?
What did you say about it?
Original post by 999tigger
In what context did you write about it? What was the question?
What did you say about it?

The question was like write about the accounts of the shleiflen plan and what it lead up to so I write about all the different things then I wrote about the battle of Marne at the end like what actually happened but I just wrote the wrong name instead
You might lose a single mark. Wouldn't greatly affect ur score I don't think. No use in worrying about it now.
Original post by Ellajefferson
The question was like write about the accounts of the shleiflen plan and what it lead up to so I write about all the different things then I wrote about the battle of Marne at the end like what actually happened but I just wrote the wrong name instead

They dont negative mark, so you wouldnt lose marks, just not gain them. If you gave enough details about about the land battle and counterattack by the allies forcing the Germans to retreat and then dig in it will be obvious you just got confused and you will get most of the marks. If you talked about naval warfare and Scheer v Jellicoe, then you will have been on the wrong track.
Original post by 999tigger
They dont negative mark, so you wouldnt lose marks, just not gain them. If you gave enough details about about the land battle and counterattack by the allies forcing the Germans to retreat and then dig in it will be obvious you just got confused and you will get most of the marks. If you talked about naval warfare and Scheer v Jellicoe, then you will have been on the wrong track.

Thank you I should be okay then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending