The Student Room Group

AQA German A-level June 5 2019

has any one got an unofficial markscheme?
that exam was awful, what does everyone else feel about it?

Scroll to see replies

it was horrendous imo
I agree it was the worst
it was so so bad, any luck on an unofficial mark-scheme??
Genuinely don’t think I will get into uni after that wow that was awful.. didn’t even finish
Reply 5
lets hope for low grade boundaries i stg :confused:
Reply 6
Yes the exam was absolutely awful agreed! I didn't finish.. :/
Reply 7
SAME! I need an A to get into uni and after that paper I reckon I got a C.. I feel so sad!

Original post by Roseleechx
Genuinely don’t think I will get into uni after that wow that was awful.. didn’t even finish
Wtf is they only shared a bed for lust und Laune - i put they only share a bed when they want sex ?!?!
Oh
Reply 10
omg i was so stuck i had no clue what it was going on about ahh

Original post by hannah300501
Wtf is they only shared a bed for lust und Laune - i put they only share a bed when they want sex ?!?!
Reply 11
Omg! I thought that too lol - I wrote that they only shared beds 'for want and mood' which makes no sense... Those last two translation tasks were awful! And what the hell was that second sentence about the 'nie wie kinderlos blabla' supposed to mean?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
i found it really difficult, the translations were really ridiculous. The listening I found surprisingly easy but I ran out of time to finish the section and had to miss 2 1-mark questions, oh well guess it could have been worse. I ended up crying afterwards because I felt I did really badly especially with the translations... I've gone to Germany 3 times for immersion and I've become quite fluent so it sucks to see all your hard work not really amount to anything. And you can't take comfort in the grade boundary being low because of all the fluent kids... Let's hope the examiners will be nice...
Original post by bhyp
has any one got an unofficial markscheme?
that exam was awful, what does everyone else feel about it?
Me too, i needed an A but after that exam I think I've barely scraped a C
Original post by Roseleechx
Are you me? Let's hope paper 2 goes better!
Original post by oeem
SAME! I need an A to get into uni and after that paper I reckon I got a C.. I feel so sad!
Reply 15
This is so comforting to hear! Felt exactly the same! But about the garde boundaries they have been lowered for German recently because they realised kts much harder than french or Spanish and you only needed 65/100 to get an A last year... Still I feel like I failed 😭
Did anyone else put a bit of subjunctive in the English to German translation? 😂 Think I've got it totally wrong. Let's just all pray for the grade boundaries 🙏
Reply 17
I really think the exam board should do something about all the natives that make it much harder for the rest of us 😭 especially because that exam was so hard (like what were those translations and the horrid infinitive gap fill 😱) I’m really disappointed as I no longer think I have any chance in getting a B. I’d be grateful if anyone has an unofficial mark scheme - so I can cry some more! 😂
Reply 18
Good to hear! Fingers crossed! I'm so surprised and delighted at the amount of us who found it difficult! Makes me feel better too.
Original post by JEG666
This is so comforting to hear! Felt exactly the same! But about the garde boundaries they have been lowered for German recently because they realised kts much harder than french or Spanish and you only needed 65/100 to get an A last year... Still I feel like I failed 😭
Hahaha yeah that threw me off I put “love”
Original post by hannah300501

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending