The Student Room Group

Pre-U Cambridge English literature anyone?

It seems that little to no people on The Student Room do this course, anyone who does?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Cannot seem to find anyone who does, but I do!
Original post by SmileyChap
It seems that little to no people on The Student Room do this course, anyone who does?
Reply 3
What texts do you do?
Original post by rwesthrop
Cannot seem to find anyone who does, but I do!
Othello, Our Country’s Good, Dubliners and Paradise Lost - you?
Reply 5
ooooo that's a nice mix. I do Antony and Cleopatra, The Birthday Party, Sense and sensibility and Edward Thomas (poetry)
Didn't realise they did Sense and Sensibility! How did you find your exams?
ooooo that's a nice mix. I do Antony and Cleopatra, The Birthday Party, Sense and sensibility and Edward Thomas (poetry)
Reply 7
Okay so far, but I can never tell how an unseen goes. Which one did you pick for unseen? And how’s everything been so far :smile:
Didn't realise they did Sense and Sensibility! How did you find your exams?
My class seems to be a bit marmite I think with the unseen, I personally didn't hate it... but like you said it is extremely hard to tell. I picked the prose! I usually pick poetry because it's my strong point, and drama is my weakest so avoided that at all costs. How about you? But stressful! I take maths, so although it's great not to write hundreds of essays, I still have to revise a ton. What other subjects do you do? And what grade you want for English?
Okay so far, but I can never tell how an unseen goes. Which one did you pick for unseen? And how’s everything been so far :smile:
Reply 9
Sameeeee I picked prose. The drama looked horrible and the extract was even worse.

I’m hoping for a D2, but I messed up my Antony and Cleopatra essay, so it may be D3. How about you?

I do biology, chemistry and English. I sat AS maths this year also :smile:

My class seems to be a bit marmite I think with the unseen, I personally didn't hate it... but like you said it is extremely hard to tell. I picked the prose! I usually pick poetry because it's my strong point, and drama is my weakest so avoided that at all costs. How about you? But stressful! I take maths, so although it's great not to write hundreds of essays, I still have to revise a ton. What other subjects do you do? And what grade you want for English?
I replied so late I'm sorry ah - I do think examiners are a lot easier on us than our teachers so I'm sure you'll smash a D2 - I'm hoping for D3 myself! Or obviously anything above. Ah you do a bit of a mix too, I'm studying Art and Maths! Heard the AS paper was heard?
Sameeeee I picked prose. The drama looked horrible and the extract was even worse.

I’m hoping for a D2, but I messed up my Antony and Cleopatra essay, so it may be D3. How about you?

I do biology, chemistry and English. I sat AS maths this year also :smile:
Oooo you do an interesting combo for a levels. What are you planning on studying at uni?
I replied so late I'm sorry ah - I do think examiners are a lot easier on us than our teachers so I'm sure you'll smash a D2 - I'm hoping for D3 myself! Or obviously anything above. Ah you do a bit of a mix too, I'm studying Art and Maths! Heard the AS paper was heard?
Just chose my favourite! I'm hoping on Loughborough, but after that maths exam I just had, I don't think I'll make it :h: Yourself?
Oooo you do an interesting combo for a levels. What are you planning on studying at uni?
Pharmacy at UCL, but I’m thinking of pulling a 180 and applying to film school. All the best with your maths exams :smile:
Just chose my favourite! I'm hoping on Loughborough, but after that maths exam I just had, I don't think I'll make it :h: Yourself?
That'll be totally fun omg. Best of luck to you also!
Pharmacy at UCL, but I’m thinking of pulling a 180 and applying to film school. All the best with your maths exams :smile:
Othello, Our Country’s Good, Dubliners and Paradise Lost - you?

Nice. I did Othello and Paz Lost as well but I did Brideshead Revisited and The Birthday Party
I do - Our Country’s Good, Antony and Cleopatra, Sense and Sensibility and Edward Thomas (poetry) :smile:
How did your school find Othello and PL? and what questions did you do?
Original post by Agiwghthtwtbey
Nice. I did Othello and Paz Lost as well but I did Brideshead Revisited and The Birthday Party
How did your school find Othello and PL? and what questions did you do?

Not sure about my friends but I kinda struggled with Othello at times because of the language. That being said I enjoyed it. I did the extrwct question. The other one was confusing (for me anyway). Paradise lost kinda the same as it's slightly less accessible having been written in 1665. PL Satan and the fallen angels came up and that was one I memorised an essay plan on so I guess I was lucky (as well as preparing well)
Yeah the nice thing about the questions was that they were accessible to everyone, but lucky you! - I did find my other two text’s questions slightly too broad.. don’t know if you had that issue?

Quick Reply

Latest