The Student Room Group

Universities with their own climbing walls?

This is a bit random but is there a list of universities which have their own climbing walls?

Or can anyone make me a list?
Original post by OhGod
This is a bit random but is there a list of universities which have their own climbing walls?

That's not a bit random it's very random.

Lots of unis have climbing walls - just google it and you will be able to access a list provided by the British Mountaineering Society
Original post by OhGod

Make your own list rather than get others to do the work and research for you
If it matters enough to you then you'll do the work

Also google for a current list maybe?
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
That's not a bit random it's very random.

Lots of unis have climbing walls - just google it and you will be able to access a list provided by the British Mountaineering Society

Original post by AzureCeleste
Make your own list rather than get others to do the work and research for you
If it matters enough to you then you'll do the work

Also google for a current list maybe?

I tried googling it and I couldn’t find anything. That’s why I made this post
Original post by OhGod

I just googled- does x have a climbing wall and got an answer. Go through uni's you are considering and do that
To start you off- Imperial does (I just googled that) and so does edinburgh
Reply 5
Original post by AzureCeleste
I just googled- does x have a climbing wall and got an answer. Go through uni's you are considering and do that
To start you off- Imperial does (I just googled that) and so does edinburgh

None of the ones I am considering have one :frown:
Original post by OhGod

Original post by OhGod
None of the ones I am considering have one :frown:

A very brief google told me that there were climbing walls at Oxford Brookes, Surrey and Lancaster unis - I could produce a longer list if I wanted to spend a couple of hours on it but sadly I don't.

If you have already shortlisted certain unis, wouldn't it be quicker just to phone those unis? Although from the British Mountaineering Society list it looks as though most big towns and cities have one somewhere so it doesn't seem that big of a deal to me if you have to go outside the uni campus
Uni climbing walls are probably not gonna be as good as private ones. There are gyms in every city. Why not just use one of those?
Hey OhGod,

We have a a great climbing wall! We offer a range of training course, coaching and qualifications or you can simply casual climb on our three bouldering sections including our top out boulder (150+ blocs Vb-V8+), leading and top roped area (34 lines F4-7c+). Heres a link if you want to check it out- https://www.brookes.ac.uk/brookes-sport/facilities/climbing/

Feel free to come and try it out, open to the public and keep in mind Brookes students get discounts.

Charlotte
Student Ambassador
Original post by OhGod

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending