The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography B 2019

Does anyone actually do edexcel geography?
If so, how did you find it?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
really good i thought what were some of the ones u remember
what did you guys get for the type of waves?
Reply 3
destructive waves
Original post by AreeshaSohail
what did you guys get for the type of waves?
Went well tbh, there were so goddamn 8 markers though thought my hand was going to fall off
and I wrote longshore drift for the 'name a way a river transports sediment' because i misread the question. ffs
Reply 6
I thought the exam went well, it was just timing was so harsh, four 8 markers to do!!
isn't it traction, saltation, suspension, and solution
Original post by reganreiners
and I wrote longshore drift for the 'name a way a river transports sediment' because i misread the question. ffs
Original post by Dayo03
isn't it traction, saltation, suspension, and solution

Yeah
what did you write in the 8 marker about how geology of uk affects landscape?
Original post by TheTaskMaster
what did you write in the 8 marker about how geology of uk affects landscape?

I flopped that, I just talked about rock types how north was igneous and metamorphic and south was sedimentary and how the different rock types affected the landscape - I spoke about the u-shaped valley in Scotland
Original post by Dayo03
I flopped that, I just talked about rock types how north was igneous and metamorphic and south was sedimentary and how the different rock types affected the landscape - I spoke about the u-shaped valley in Scotland

I talked about how the land above the Tees-Exe line is mainly composed of metamorphic and igneous rock while land below it is mainly sedimentary.
Can't be asked to give the rest of the answer.
Reply 12
it wasn't that hard though but i didn't like the question bout igneous rock

Spoiler

Original post by Dayo03
Does anyone actually do edexcel geography?
If so, how did you find it?
Reply 13
does anybody else think the time is too short for the paper 2? I missed the whole coastal fieldwork section
Original post by kbask2
does anybody else think the time is too short for the paper 2? I missed the whole coastal fieldwork section

I finished it 10 mins early.There was someone i knew who finished the paper and did both urban and rural areas question.
yeh I spoke about the Tees-Exe line aswell
I talked about how the land above the Tees-Exe line is mainly composed of metamorphic and igneous rock while land below it is mainly sedimentary.
Can't be asked to give the rest of the answer.
yeh someone I knew did coastal and rivers
I finished it 10 mins early.There was someone i knew who finished the paper and did both urban and rural areas question.
Original post by Dayo03
yeh I spoke about the Tees-Exe line aswell

did you write about the altitude of the rocks?
did you write about the altitude of the rocks?

i just said that igneous and metamorphic rocks dont erode easily so they form mountains and there are extinct volcanoes
Reply 19
yeah poor timing from me then, but I think I still got around 60-70 marks on that paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending