The Student Room Group

HIV

I just wanted to find out if you could get HIV through snogging because someone I know said that if you do you be kissing someone who has only kissed one person but that person could have kissed twenty people- if one of them had HIV then you would get it.
But all other sources go against this but I just want to check if it's true.
Original post by Anonymous
I just wanted to find out if you could get HIV through snogging because someone I know said that if you do you be kissing someone who has only kissed one person but that person could have kissed twenty people- if one of them had HIV then you would get it.

It is highly unlikely. If you are HIV these days and on ARVs ( antiretrovirals) you can live a virtually normal life.

But there are still other diseases that you can get from kissing

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=LxH4XIrlFsbjsAfVyLygCg&q=diseases+from+kissing&oq=diseases+from+kissing&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l2j0i22i30l5.1918.7434..10567...0.0..0.276.2465.16j3j4......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i10.ZCwr8IeV_go

So if you are going around being a bit of a flirt and a tart be careful - I don't want my taxes being used to get you out of trouble
Original post by squeakysquirrel

So if you are going around being a bit of a flirt and a tart be careful - I don't want my taxes being used to get you out of trouble

A bit harsh and uncalled for!

No, that person is wrong. You can't get HIV through kissing.

The risk of contracting HIV from kissing someone is extremely remote. Even oral sex carries a much lower risk of the virus being transmitted than vaginal / anal sex (unless you've got an oral condition that provides an opportunity for the virus to get into your blood stream such as bleeding gums or ulcers.)

I think the worst thing you can catch from kissing someone is Glandular Fever (also known as the Kissing Disease). I've had it, and it's not pleasant... I couldn't eat solid food for over a month. :pain: :eek::cry:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by black tea
A bit harsh and uncalled for!

No it isn't. I used to work for a GUM clinic in London. Fed up of the amount of stupid irresponsible people pitching up there for treatment time and time again. There will come a point when the treatments won't work anymore. And these infections etc are on the rise
Original post by squeakysquirrel
No it isn't. I used to work for a GUM clinic in London. Fed up of the amount of stupid irresponsible people pitching up there for treatment time and time again. There will come a point when the treatments won't work anymore. And these infections etc are on the rise

What in OP's post has made you think they are a tart?
You can't get HIV through kissing unless that person has open sores or ulcers in their mouth which bleeds. You get HIV through spread of bodily fluids such as blood, semen and vaginal fluids, but not saliva. I thought this was common knowledge.
NO ONE knows if you can catch HIV through any kind of contact until they have contacted and made out with/had sex with someone who has it! THEREFORE, i wouldnt risk it OP. LGBT is a verrrrrry successful movement. It's practically an organisation now. They have said anything to get people to accept them, even by drastically undermining the dangers of HIV contraction. If you know someone with HIV or any STD or STI:

Don't do it OP. For your own ****ing good, I swear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending