Is that GCSE?
Original post by BobbyHan
AQA?
ye
No.... this is in the Scottish Qualifications section
Original post by BobbyHan
ye
oh so sad no one discussed about that as well
How's everyone getting on with Higher music? Anyone got their practical exam date coming up?
Original post by Labrador99
How's everyone getting on with Higher music? Anyone got their practical exam date coming up?

My Practical is 18th and 19th of March
Original post by SchuylerSister22
My Practical is 18th and 19th of March

That's good you've still got a wee while to prepare :smile: What instruments is it you play?
Original post by Labrador99
That's good you've still got a wee while to prepare :smile: What instruments is it you play?

Piano & Tuned Percussion
I'd say I'm alright at piano and I'm working towards Trinity Grade 6 but I'm absolutely shocking when it comes to tuned percussion even though everyone says it's really easy but we have to practise on the Glockenspiel and for the prelim and exam it's on the Marimba. I'm better on the marimba but it's hard to play when you're used to something so small
Original post by SchuylerSister22
Piano & Tuned Percussion
I'd say I'm alright at piano and I'm working towards Trinity Grade 6 but I'm absolutely shocking when it comes to tuned percussion even though everyone says it's really easy but we have to practise on the Glockenspiel and for the prelim and exam it's on the Marimba. I'm better on the marimba but it's hard to play when you're used to something so small

Nice :smile: That's a bit rubbish you have to practice on the glockenspiel though :sadnod: As the exam approaches, might be worth seeing if there's any extra time you can use the marimba- before/after school, lunch, or maybe during PSE if they'll let you miss it a couple of times?
Has anyone else had their Music practical date? I've had mine, it went great!

I was Piano and Tuned Percussion, Piano is my strong-point, I'm shocking at Tuned Percussion (Xylophone), so I'm happy on how that went. Anyone else had theirs yet?
Hi, I have my practical on Wednesday (though I think it might be getting moved to Tuesday for personal reasons) anyways, does anyone know how many times you can restart your piece if you mess up in the exam?
Original post by Valeriex
Hi, I have my practical on Wednesday (though I think it might be getting moved to Tuesday for personal reasons) anyways, does anyone know how many times you can restart your piece if you mess up in the exam?

Here's a tip. Never restart! Keep calm and carry on! Half the time, you will be the only one that will notice the mistake. Just pretend it never happened, and keep going. If you go back, you'll cost yourself more marks. So don't.

P.S: May I ask what instruments are you doing for the exam? Thank you.
Original post by MajorKong
Here's a tip. Never restart! Keep calm and carry on! Half the time, you will be the only one that will notice the mistake. Just pretend it never happened, and keep going. If you go back, you'll cost yourself more marks. So don't.

P.S: May I ask what instruments are you doing for the exam? Thank you.

Flute and Keyboard. It's just if massively mess up one bar (on keyboard) I'm usually out of the flow for 10 seconds and I would rather restart if I can't pick it back up. Do you know how many attempts you get?
Flute and Keyboard. It's just if massively mess up one bar (on keyboard) I'm usually out of the flow for 10 seconds and I would rather restart if I can't pick it back up. Do you know how many attempts you get?

I'd advise you not to restart if possible, but sorry, I don't know. Best of luck however, and refer to my previous reply!
Original post by MajorKong
Has anyone else had their Music practical date? I've had mine, it went great!

I was Piano and Tuned Percussion, Piano is my strong-point, I'm shocking at Tuned Percussion (Xylophone), so I'm happy on how that went. Anyone else had theirs yet?

Glad to hear it went well! :smile:

Good luck for this week, you've got this :yep: I'm not sure that you can restart (or if you did, I think you could be worse off in terms of marks) and back when I did mine a few years ago I was told to not stop whatever happened. Definitely double check this one with your teacher though- they'll be best placed to advise :smile:
I've got my practical exam the week of the 17th march, so hopefully that'll go well. I've got my geography assignment on that week as well though, and my french speaking exam is only a couple of weeks away:colonhash:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending