The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B (A-Level) 2019 thread

Hello is anyone else doing this exam board, please let me know how your revision is going (:

Scroll to see replies

yeah i am i fele like hardly anyone does it... do you knw any predicted topics for focused revision?
Anyone gonna do an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 3
How you guys found it?
bit of a weird exam think i messed up a bit
What did you guys get for magnification?
Okay everyone’s complaining about that cancer five marker but the question told you it stops DNA replication so that means that less DNA replication takes place, DNA codes for proteins cells are made from proteins hence cancer cells made. Also stops repair of DNA and DNA repairs by mitosis and cancer is uncontrolled mitosis so stops the cancer from growing/dividing
I also talked about the enzyme thing where I said competitive inhibition takes place/ non competitive
Original post by Aliyahjacobsxxx
Okay everyone’s complaining about that cancer five marker but the question told you it stops DNA replication so that means that less DNA replication takes place, DNA codes for proteins cells are made from proteins hence cancer cells made. Also stops repair of DNA and DNA repairs by mitosis and cancer is uncontrolled mitosis so stops the cancer from growing/dividing
Original post by GcseEdexcel2017
What did you guys get for magnification?

1.2x10^3
I also talked about the enzyme thing where I said competitive inhibition takes place/ non competitive

Idk about that I tried to stay away from things that they didn’t ask in the question
how?? I got 1.8 × 10^ something
Original post by Aliyahjacobsxxx
1.2x10^3

That’s what I did! And I talk about how the different nucleotide forms stronger bonds than just hydrogen in normal DNA, so DNA helicase can not break the bonds and thus cannot be unzipped and hence transcribed.
I got x1700
I said that if cancer cell ia damaged it cannot be repaired so it dies out and because hydrogen bonds cannot break cells cannot replicate
How did everyone find it?
Reply 15

Yes I got the same! To the power of 3 if I remember correctly.
for the first question, what was the length of fragment F? I got 9.5 kb
then for the bacteria log graph, I found the gradients and then I found that it was increasing by 2×... I didn't find difference is that okay?
what was the thing measured during the experiment for photosynthesis...? that was so weird to me

By measuring the error bar and using the formula
Reply 19
How did you guys answer the question on what is measured in the rate of photosynthesis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending