The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse history paper 2

How did you all find the paper today?!

Scroll to see replies

I messed up my timing and couldn’t do the medicine question for comparing Fleming and Pasteur
blessed, pretty clear and mainly general knowledge both papers.
Normans + Migration.
I had time issues as well. I only done 2 paragraphs and a conclusion for the 20 marker on Power and the people and so just moved to the Elizabeth booklet
Really hard :frown:
Original post by XHannahR
How did you all find the paper today?!
Reply 5
normans pevensey castle question was solid
how did you find it
Good, but I didn't like the changes to the town, that was the one I hated
Original post by ahans
normans pevensey castle question was solid
how did you find it
Reply 7
Please tell my why there was a whole ass question on Islamic medicine
The comparing Huguenots and Jewish migration was Godly
what did it mean consequences of military???? I just wrote about it being important for defense, symbolic of Norman power and for administrative purposes, but then mentioned issues like it probably cost a lot and took time to build.
Plz help by telling me if this was right or wrong
I would have hated to do Health and the People :s-smilie:, just glad I didn't
Original post by bethh_x
Please tell my why there was a whole ass question on Islamic medicine
The Elizabethan paper was amazing for me but Medicine over time q 2 and three were a FLOP may I repeat a FLOP but I feel like most ppl found that hard and last year you had to lose 58 marks for a 9 and 71 for an 8 so we still have a chance guysss
Don't worry. As long as you explained those points well, it's all good I think. Defence and it being a symbol are forms of military control
Original post by Slightplot
what did it mean consequences of military???? I just wrote about it being important for defense, symbolic of Norman power and for administrative purposes, but then mentioned issues like it probably cost a lot and took time to build.
Yessss I put economy and trade and intimidation as my other consequences for Pevensey then talked about defence and retreat for Hastings in the military paragraph
Original post by miriam2002
I messed up my timing and couldn’t do the medicine question for comparing Fleming and Pasteur

is pasteur the penicilin dude? they do germ theory right? i just didnt know who fleming was so i said he developed penicilin which is wrong eekkk!

Don't think you had to talk about the issues of building Pevensey, but rather the different purposes the castle had. So, you should be right for mentioning defensive and administrative purposes. The wording for the 20 marker was weird, though.
exactly, I was just so confused what they wanted me to answer? How did you find it overall. I did medicine (alright) and Norman (crap)
Original post by A.J_MURAPPR
Don't think you had to talk about the issues of building Pevensey, but rather the different purposes the castle had. So, you should be right for mentioning defensive and administrative purposes. The wording for the 20 marker was weird, though.
i found it the complete opposite! i didnt know the first two questions and the source was horrible i didnt find it useful the one about elizabeths court
Original post by miriam2002
The Elizabethan paper was amazing for me but Medicine over time q 2 and three were a FLOP may I repeat a FLOP but I feel like most ppl found that hard and last year you had to lose 58 marks for a 9 and 71 for an 8 so we still have a chance guysss
Who did Norman’s and power and the people?
How did you find it overall. I did medicine (alright) and Norman (crap)

The paper went way better than I thought! Didn't finish the Pasteur 8 marker on medicine but I reckon the 20 markers will save my grades. Apparently, all the stress was for nothing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending