The Student Room Group

How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.

How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.How important are GCSEs to you? Have a debate.
They aren’t if I pass. They are only important for getting into sixth form but that’s all really.
They are relevant to me because quite a few universities I wish to consider do place an importance on GCSEs. Also my school is quite competitive and it will be the first thing that really gauges our intelligence, if that makes sense?

I say this now but I’m on here procrastinating.
which school and which unis do you want to go to

Original post by ThunderBeard
They are relevant to me because quite a few universities I wish to consider do place an importance on GCSEs. Also my school is quite competitive and it will be the first thing that really gauges our intelligence, if that makes sense?

I say this now but I’m on here procrastinating.
I go to school in London. I know Birmingham and Oxford put high emphasis on GCSEs. However ultimately, most other universities will considers it in the shortlisting. I want to give myself the best chance to achieve them. Hence they are important.
Original post by ('('-('_')-')')
which school and which unis do you want to go to
gcses are really important to be that piece of paper will decide what I will be doing in furture
which skl you go to???
and what predicted grades you think and skl thnk

Original post by Amnz_02
gcses are really important to be that piece of paper will decide what I will be doing in furture
Reply 7
GCSEs are a stepping stone and nothing more. They prepare you for the next stage of your adult life. As long as you have five GCSEs above a C (5 now?) with English, maths, science and any others you need for specific a level, btec or uni courses you want to do, then you're set.

Once you've got your level 3 qualifications and uni under your belt, GCSEs mean very little.

Edit: Well, that's the bigger picture anyway. Universities will consider them when making offers as it's the only concrete evidence of your skill they have. Predicted grades mean little because teachers can be bribed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
GCSE English language and maths are vital to get work, even for the minimum wage. Thereafter its down to A level choices, but some Unis do take GCSEs into consideration.
tbh the most important ones are english maths and sciences for me coz without those i aint goin anywhere 😂
Only the core ones like English and Maths mattered to me.

Quick Reply

Latest