The Student Room Group

Who's the best footballer of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Eusebio.
Reply 21
Original post by RichPiana
Only people saying Messi and Ronaldo are people who started watching football in the last 10 years.
Neither of them have one of these bad bois:

Spoiler

I watched that world cup but who was the main person in that team because it for sure wasn't Ronaldinho.

Ronaldo(Brazillian Ronaldo) has way more of a claim than Ronaldinho these are facts.
Original post by bj27
I watched that world cup but who was the main person in that team because it for sure wasn't Ronaldinho.

Ronaldo(Brazillian Ronaldo) has way more of a claim than Ronaldinho these are facts.

Personally for me it was Ronaldinho. He was the reason I started watching football in the first place.
Probably either Ronaldo or Ronaldo.
Ali Daei. GOAT.
Better to ask who will be... certainly not those with such pride of physique that they want the upper body of a lumberjack to impress the girls. They need legs of iron and the top half of will o the wisp. George Best had the right idea but drank too much.
Only people saying Messi and Ronaldo are people who started watching football in the last 10 years.
Neither of them have one of these bad bois:

Spoiler

Trophies - except individual accolades like the Ballon d'or - aren't necessarily the mark of a great player. That 2002 Brazil squad was unbelievable - Ronaldinho played alongside the likes of Cafu, Carlos, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Kaka et al. All fantastic players - Ronaldo was the highest scorer in that campaign with 8 goals. It's a collective effort to win a trophy.
Reply 27
Personally for me it was Ronaldinho. He was the reason I started watching football in the first place.

Ronaldo categorically is better.
Divock Origi.
Original post by bj27
Ronaldo categorically is better.

Not a contest man.

Ronaldinho seems to have an awful lot of revisionism around him in general as he was a)Brazilian and b)Skillful but as an effective player, he had basically 2 good seasons.

He's very much tier 2 of all time greats. Not much in it between him and Bergkamp tbh.
Phil Jones for sure
Original post by bj27
Either Messi or Ronaldo, end thread.

I can’t believe all the people saying Ronaldinho!

The top three players of all time are set in stone in 2019.

Like you said Ronaldo or Messi and you need to add maradona from the past.

Which of those three are the greatest is debatable but those are the top three for sure.

For me I would put Messi last because he has had a team built around him and been a one club man.

The other two didn’t have that.
Romelu Lukaku
Original post by Zürich
Just lol at Ronaldinho. Even at his best, which was a 2 year period only, he was behind Zidane.

Not even top 10 imho

spot on. anyone mentioning ronaldinho has only ever watched football through youtube compilations
Messi no question but Ronaldo de lima could have been the undisputed if not for those injuries :frown:
Has to be between Ronaldo or Messi. In my opinion its Ronaldo as he has helped his country win 2 major international trophies whilst Messi is still struggling to do so.
Reply 36
Ronaldo De Lima I guess is in the convo, won the world cup.

Reckon mbappe is around that level, what he is doing at his age is Ronaldo numbers.

Messi and c Ronaldo didn't hit the numbers mbappe was hitting until they got to 22/23.
Reply 37
Original post by bj27
Ronaldo De Lima I guess is in the convo, won the world cup.

Reckon mbappe is around that level, what he is doing at his age is Ronaldo numbers.

Messi and c Ronaldo didn't hit the numbers mbappe was hitting until they got to 22/23.

You reckon mbappe is around what level? GOAT level?
Reply 38
Original post by pwarner
You reckon mbappe is around what level? GOAT level?

Not yet but on track to be.

Needs to leave PSG first or win CL with them though but this guy won a world cup aged 19 as the star player. That's stuff that both ronaldos and messi couldn't do.

Neymar also ****ed up in moving to PSG too. Most of the time people are judged on CLs and world cups.
Reply 39
Original post by bj27
Not yet but on track to be.

Needs to leave PSG first or win CL with them though but this guy won a world cup aged 19 as the star player. That's stuff that both ronaldos and messi couldn't do.

Neymar also ****ed up in moving to PSG too. Most of the time people are judged on CLs and world cups.

Yeah but Messi and Ronaldo did not have teammates like the French national team

Quick Reply

Latest