The Student Room Group

US comparative politics (Edexcel)

What is the paragraph structure for the 12 mark comparative questions in the US exam? Have it next thursday and realised I've forgotten how to structure it, so any help would be appreciated!
You don't have to do an intro or conclusion, just three simple body paragraphs making points--you don't have to worry about counters.
Original post by James Souter
What is the paragraph structure for the 12 mark comparative questions in the US exam? Have it next thursday and realised I've forgotten how to structure it, so any help would be appreciated!
Don't you have to include comparative theory?
Original post by menanderII
You don't have to do an intro or conclusion, just three simple body paragraphs making points--you don't have to worry about counters.
If possible you should probably include the rational, cultural, and structural approaches to it; but I'm not sure if that counts at the comparative theories part.
Has anyone got any predictions on what the essays will be on?
I think at least one of either the Supreme Court, Constitution, Congress or Presidency will come up, but you never know
Original post by amber2212
You need to include comparative theories to be able to get into the top band, that includes the structural, rational or cultural theory!! At least one paragraph has to be explaining the difference/ similarity using comparative theories! I believe three paragraphs is enough, examples have to be used and you need to state why the difference/similarity is necessary in the political system.
Reply 8
1. Point - One sentence answer which compares the point of that paragraph
2. Develop - 3-4 sentences which compare different aspects of the point
3. Examples - 2-3 sentences in which you compare the examples
4. Complete - complete the paragraph by stating what are the implications of the point for the US and UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending