The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck tomorrow guys! How are you all feeling for tomorrow?
Reply 21
I think that test went better. What about you guys
Hey guys how did it go today?
Original post by dasda
I think that test went better. What about you guys

Why did you enjoy it more this time around?
Reply 23
I didn’t like it that much
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey guys how did it go today?

Why did you enjoy it more this time around?
Reply 24
I enjoyed the transactional writing question about 'making the best of a bad situation' and I had lots of ideas. Also, the excerpts were quite interesting as they were about hotels and guesthouses and it was talking about how the rooms in the guesthouse are bad and the excerpt on the hotel was interesting. The only bad thing is I ran out of time and didn't have time to finish my 14 marker comparison
I loved this exam. I'm so happy!!
Tuesday was not my best work, I don't know what went wrong. It was as though my brain was half asleep!
I was on fire today though! Lol
Reply 26
Original post by Missbax81
I loved this exam. I'm so happy!!
Tuesday was not my best work, I don't know what went wrong. It was as though my brain was half asleep!
I was on fire today though! Lol

Congratulations. Hopefully, it's enough to salvage the 9!
Reply 27
Original post by dasda
I enjoyed the transactional writing question about 'making the best of a bad situation' and I had lots of ideas. Also, the excerpts were quite interesting as they were about hotels and guesthouses and it was talking about how the rooms in the guesthouse are bad and the excerpt on the hotel was interesting. The only bad thing is I ran out of time and didn't have time to finish my 14 marker comparison

Congratulations on getting through this paper!
Thank you.
I hope so. I am quite hard on myself, so maybe I did better than I thought on Tuesday.
Original post by Tolgarda
Congratulations. Hopefully, it's enough to salvage the 9!
Reply 29
Hopefully this I can get a 6 this time around and not a 5 and hopefully be done with with English forever
Original post by Tolgarda
Congratulations on getting through this paper!
Reply 30
Original post by Missbax81
Thank you.
I hope so. I am quite hard on myself, so maybe I did better than I thought on Tuesday.

We won't know until results day. I felt the sane way myself actually: underperformance in paper one and a vastly superior one in the second paper. Time will tell.
I thought it was about being in a bad situation and how to get out of one. I wrote on how to get out of a bad situation and things to do in a bad situation I should've read the question more thouroughly. Does anyone know how many marks I would lose because of this?
Reply 32
Much better than paper 1 imo
it was alright imo but i wrote only just over a page for question 7b and i kinda rushed my ending for the transactional. i preferred paper 1 tbh but im aiming for an 9 (a grade more than my mock)
What did you guys get for question 1
Reply 35
i shaded the first box, thats all i remember, the other three i can't remember
Original post by Danoliano
What did you guys get for question 1
Reply 36
Original post by sunshineblooms
Does anyone remember what the question was for Q1,2,4,5?

You should know if you sat the paper. Students normally ask questions of this ilk to cheat in year 11 mocks.
Reply 37
Original post by Sufyaaaaaaaan
I thought it was about being in a bad situation and how to get out of one. I wrote on how to get out of a bad situation and things to do in a bad situation I should've read the question more thouroughly. Does anyone know how many marks I would lose because of this?

No, nobody can say for sure. You've definitely hurt your chances of accessing the highest marks though.
Original post by CokerCola
it was alright imo but i wrote only just over a page for question 7b and i kinda rushed my ending for the transactional. i preferred paper 1 tbh but im aiming for an 9 (a grade more than my mock)

Overall, that doesn't seem too bad. You can still get it.
I hope the grade boundaries go down!
Reply 39
Original post by anikamehra7
I hope the grade boundaries go down!

They're already ridiculously low! Damn.