The Student Room Group

change of surname

Hello, I recently sent all the documentation to receive financial aid for my studies, however I have changed my last name. I would like to update my data. What documentation should I send?
Hi,

What has your last name changed due to? Would this be for marriage, divorce etc? Or have you just decided to change this via deed poll?

Please send necessary evidence of your change of name (deed poll certificate, marriage certificate etc) with a cover letter asking for your name to be updated. The evidence can be copies.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

What has your last name changed due to? Would this be for marriage, divorce etc? Or have you just decided to change this via deed poll?

Please send necessary evidence of your change of name (deed poll certificate, marriage certificate etc) with a cover letter asking for your name to be updated. The evidence can be copies.

Thanks, Chanel

Thanks for the help .
The reason for my change of last name has been because I have been adopted.
According to the evidence, would a copy of my new birth certificate, identification and passport be the only evidence necessary, right?
Original post by JesusMD98
Thanks for the help .
The reason for my change of last name has been because I have been adopted.
According to the evidence, would a copy of my new birth certificate, identification and passport be the only evidence necessary, right?

Hi, that evidence will be ok as it will show the change of name on those documents which will allow us to update this on the system. Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending