The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Probably so... anyone know what % needed to get thru to dp ac
Original post by Whea
I've gotten my SO invite but still nothing about DP. Assuming you only hear about the one you're eligible to move forward with though.
Reply 61
You don’t get your test score with your invite, they’re being issued later so seems like no one can guess what scores you need to get through… yet
Original post by Bimbowatso
Probably so... anyone know what % needed to get thru to dp ac
nope, my theory is that's being done in 2 batches, one for the first 3 ACs and one for the second 3 ACs. The same process for the SO and the DP.

So if anyone has heard of a DP invite for the 20th, 26th, 27th or 28th (not saying there's 4 just not 100% on the dates, I actually the 20th might be dropped), or an SO invite for the 21st, 24th or 25th let us know (coz that will ruin that theory, lol)
Original post by Bimbowatso
Anyone heard of people getting later dates for dp ac.... starting to get the fear
Reply 63
Does anyone know how many applicants are being invited to AC for DP over the 6 days and how many for SO over the 6 days?
No idea of actual numbers but based on the 150 number of vacancies quoted you would expect at least 600 being taken to Assessment Centre, i.e. 1 in 4, still a lowish ratio for selection at an assessment centre but logistically I can't see it being much if any more, so guessing 100 a day. Although there has been lots in this competition already to surprise me so could be lower, but couldn't possibly be less than 50 a day (300) as 1 in 2 would be insane and it's always good to have a list in case there are more vacancies (which there will be).

But sure none of this really matters, you can only ever do your best.
Original post by Geewhiz
Does anyone know how many applicants are being invited to AC for DP over the 6 days and how many for SO over the 6 days?
Would be interesting to know how many people scored high enough to be invited and then where removed at the sift before the AC's due to a bad application form
Reply 66
Would be even more interesting to know if anyone who scored highly has been removed due to cheating or suspicion of cheating given the enormous scale of discontent surrounding this flawed process
'the NICS Board have heard of concerns about the online tests and we take these matters
very seriously. The Board asked for checks and analysis of available data to be
carried out in relation to the online tests. All this work is designed to
test whether there has been any abuse of the process and to ensure that the
remaining stages of the competition are robust and fair to all candidates. This
work and ongoing review will continue throughout the competition.

No selection process is guaranteed to be immune from manipulation from anyone
intent on breaching the honesty statements, however the Board has noted that
the reviews carried out have identified no evidence to substantiate claims /
fears of systemic abuse. The Board will not tolerate any abuse of the process
and anyone with any evidence of such abuse should bring this to our attention
immediately.'
There was internal communications from the Perm Secs saying that

"I and other members of the NICS Board have heard of concerns about the online tests and we take these matters very seriously. The Board asked for checks and analysis of available data to be carried out in relation to the online tests." and "No selection process is guaranteed to be immune from manipulation from anyone intent on breaching the honesty statements, however the Board has noted that the reviews carried out have identified no evidence to substantiate claims / fears of systemic abuse."

So short answer, no one. I think they put something on the invite letters about not offering posts to people who's scores were significantly different, but that would be so difficult to enforce and justify so from the wording of the above, I would say that they know how hard it would be to prove so although they've added the online test into the assessment centre, it's more to show they're doing something about it rather than to actually do something about it. NIPSA are giving off about it as well.
Original post by Geewhiz
Would be even more interesting to know if anyone who scored highly has been removed due to cheating or suspicion of cheating given the enormous scale of discontent surrounding this flawed process
Agreed, but mainly because right now I'm beginning to think that I'm included in this group, lol.
Original post by ianwaters
Would be interesting to know how many people scored high enough to be invited and then where removed at the sift before the AC's due to a bad application form
Reply 70
Original post by davfir99
NIPSA are giving off about it as well.

Apparently NIPSA are still trying to get a judicial review - must have had some change left over from the killyhevlin
Reply 71
Many of the cheating methods will not be detectable. The only fair thing to do would have been invigilated tests. That would have produced a different group of top scoring candidates going to ACs.

Does anyone know if all AC invites have been issued yet?
I don't know for sure but have a very strong suspicion that they have.

I've only heard dates of 12th, 18th & 19th for DP and 13th & 17th for SO from people I know / people they know but I'm now hearing rumours of people with SO dates of 24th and 25th so if these rumours are true then all the invites have to be out, would make no sense otherwise. We need someone to confirm on here or someone that I know to tell me that they have a date from the 20th on and then that would be that.

The only modicum of hope would be if a few dropped out (scared by the cheating and re-test) and they call up replacements, which is most probably why the rest of us are held waiting before being rejected.
Original post by Geewhiz
Many of the cheating methods will not be detectable. The only fair thing to do would have been invigilated tests. That would have produced a different group of top scoring candidates going to ACs.

Does anyone know if all AC invites have been issued yet?
I have my SO one on 13th
Ok, sounds like the DP invites for the later dates only went out last night, so maybe the SO later dates will go out tonight.
Original post by davfir99
I don't know for sure but have a very strong suspicion that they have.

I've only heard dates of 12th, 18th & 19th for DP and 13th & 17th for SO from people I know / people they know but I'm now hearing rumours of people with SO dates of 24th and 25th so if these rumours are true then all the invites have to be out, would make no sense otherwise. We need someone to confirm on here or someone that I know to tell me that they have a date from the 20th on and then that would be that.

The only modicum of hope would be if a few dropped out (scared by the cheating and re-test) and they call up replacements, which is most probably why the rest of us are held waiting before being rejected.
Well done. did you get the e-mail on Wednesday after 5?
Original post by Clairebear011083
I have my SO one on 13th
Reply 76
Just heard of someone who got a DP invite at 430pm yest for 20th.

Wonder have they issued any DP invites for dates after 20th ?
Yeah, I've heard dates of 26th.

Reckon that's all the DPs out now, just the second batch of SOs to go
Original post by Geewhiz
Just heard of someone who got a DP invite at 430pm yest for 20th.

Wonder have they issued any DP invites for dates after 20th ?
I currently work for NICS and have received an invite to DP AC on 18th June - haven't heard of one other person in my building getting one yet though, so I really don't think they can all be out yet!
Reply 79
My brother got his DP invite for 27th

Latest

Trending

Trending