The Student Room Group

[UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME] AQA Psychology Paper 2 - 07/06/19

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone write for your to match the pairs?
Also i put fMRI for the mpq as it has the best spatial resolution of the three and can study internal brain areas unlike ERP and EEG so is best for identifying an area.
Original post by WannaBe4A*s

I put something about no order effects
What did people put for how the validity is affected by the researcher knowing which participants are in which group and how to fix this? Was it investigator effects?
Reply 24
For sign test you had to do condition B minus condition A and the total number of pluses was 3 which is the least frequent so it's the S value
They actually gave a different scenario the second time because this time they stated how the psychology teacher wanted to do the study of happiness with her students and used independent measures design and it was ordinal because its basically from scale of one to ten score your happiness.
But I could be wrong and don't worry about it now! Focus on paper 3 :smile:
Original post by hannahtait
was the sign test not 1 because the data on the table already calculated the difference?
Also why is it ordinal data when the same test tht was used used sign and so it mustve been nominal data?? so losttt
Reply 25
Can I still get marks for the second hypothesis question if I did a directional hypothesis?
Reply 26
yeah i said that and to prevent i said change the research or double-blind test but i wasn't sure of that one
Original post by JackManBrief
What did people put for how the validity is affected by the researcher knowing which participants are in which group and how to fix this? Was it investigator effects?

I put Investigator effects as had no clue then said use a double blind procedure
I wrote it increases researcher bias as the researcher influences the experiment....inorder to get the desired findings that he expects to get....
Original post by studyr
yeah i said that and to prevent i said change the research or double-blind test but i wasn't sure of that one
Lmao I put something like match on course studied, so they have similar stress/ workload. Stress can affect happiness levels
Dunno if it’s right but haha
Original post by Elliefggj
I put something about no order effects
for the neuron multiple choice it should've been relay motor relay because relay is found in the brain and spinal cord as they allow sensory and motor neurons to communicate.

also i put fMRI not ERPs because if u look in the text book fmri strength is that they provide a clear picture of how the brain is localised. whilst ERP's dont they show brain wave activity to specific stimuli
Original post by WannaBe4A*s

I put that they'd match them on gender put I'm rlly doubting myself tbh
Reply 32
yeh you could say that too ! that works out :smile:
Original post by Charlottlexxoox
I wrote it increases researcher bias as the researcher influences the experiment....inorder to get the desired findings that he expects to get....
Original post by Krisshears
Did any other human on this planet put unrelated t test for the stats? It said score on a happiness questionnaire rather than a happiness rating, and as it’s a test score I thought it would be interval considering there are equal intervals? It’s probably wrong but thought I’d put it out there.

Here comes another human!!!
🤗yay
Original post by studyr
yeh you could say that too ! that works out :smile:
For why a matched pairs design is better than a repeated measures design could you say that participant variables are controlled?
It is fMRI
Reply 37
Yeh it makes sense.. i was stuck between two :frown: rip to my 1 mark
Original post by saharasaurus
It is fMRI
I wrote that matched pairs is better beacuse it reduces extraneous variables e.g personality which gives more validity ...
For why a matched pairs design is better than a repeated measures design could you say that participant variables are controlled?
Reply 39
i put that too
Original post by Ccyxxx
Why ERP? I put fMRI? i know erp can show memory but also fMRI can show cognitive functions also?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending