The Student Room Group

[UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME] AQA Psychology Paper 2 - 07/06/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wright0110
a01 is worth 6 marks which is describing a study

no its not describing a study. ao1 is knowledge on a specific topic LOL
Did anyone else really run out of time for the 12 marker?
if u look in the book and previous mark schemes ERPs are overall brain wave activity but in response to specific stimuli whilst fMRI show localised area of function
Original post by Joeet33
No it's definitely ERP it says in the book, fMRI is more generic
Reply 63
For the SLT question, does anyone remember what the stem was saying? App it said something about adults and children, but i basically said that people more motivated to buy the cleaning thing because of the advert portrayed it in a positive way and retention more likely to occur because advert used catchphrase (something about the tiger)

Is this right because i actually dont know if i completely messed up???
i f####cked up the 16 marker lol...
Original post by Krisshears
Did any other human on this planet put unrelated t test for the stats? It said score on a happiness questionnaire rather than a happiness rating, and as it’s a test score I thought it would be interval considering there are equal intervals? It’s probably wrong but thought I’d put it out there.

Score isn’t measured it’s not in like meters grams and **** it has no unit
Original post by AnonStudent834
For the 16 marker, I didn't mention research apart from for AO3! I wrote about localisation only - Broca and Wernicke's area, plus the four lobes.

Will I drop a lot of marks for not mentioning research?

Unfortunately, normally the mark scheme says 'award certain amount if no ....is included' maybe because it said research into, but saying that if youve done alot of a03 maybe not.
It’s not the question said discuss research.
Original post by angel.xo
no its not describing a study. ao1 is knowledge on a specific topic LOL
Original post by bluebunnie
if u look in the book and previous mark schemes ERPs are overall brain wave activity but in response to specific stimuli whilst fMRI show localised area of function

Doesn’t say in the textbook
Reply 69
Original post by WannaBe4A*s
Any one remember what the 3 neuron questions were asking

A = relay neuron
B = sensory neuron ( shape of cell body and dendrites longer)
C = motor neuron
Original post by alevelbpel
Unfortunately, normally the mark scheme says 'award certain amount if no ....is included' maybe because it said research into, but saying that if youve done alot of a03 maybe not.

do you mean research like sperry? or broca/w
Original post by geesmxx
For the SLT question, does anyone remember what the stem was saying? App it said something about adults and children, but i basically said that people more motivated to buy the cleaning thing because of the advert portrayed it in a positive way and retention more likely to occur because advert used catchphrase (something about the tiger)

Is this right because i actually dont know if i completely messed up???

I put something about positive vicarious reinforcement with the 'laughing' idk...
look in the strength section for fMRI last line in pink hair girl book
Original post by Amillion
Doesn’t say in the textbook
It’s not the question said discuss research.

yeah but don't you mention broca and explain localisation? cos it and or lateralisation so not everyone spoke about sperry?
I’ve done an 8 marker on localisation if the brain and it was like research and the research is literally where each function is localised there’s nothing more to it than them finding out where each function was localised I got full marks for it and my teacher is an AQA psychology examiner so I trust his marking. You’re fine
a01 is worth 6 marks which is describing a study
Reply 75
I felt like Paper 2 was better then the first one but the answers weren't as clear cut.
although i screwed up the neurone one , my dumbass clearly didn't look at them properly
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by AnonStudent834
For the 16 marker, I didn't mention research apart from for AO3! I wrote about localisation only - Broca and Wernicke's area, plus the four lobes.

Will I drop a lot of marks for not mentioning research?

I did the same, wait did the question ask for research?? I literally spoke about Broca and Wernicke the different lobes and broca's aphasia and wernickes aphasia. Is this not enough?
fMRI is for brain activity to a stimuli, it was used to show the Central Executive exists, as it shows an area of the brain(can't remember the name of it) lighting up with more intensity depending on the difficulty/scale of the task. So the answer was fMRI
It said research you’ll only get marks for describing studies of localization and/or lateralisation
yeah but don't you mention broca and explain localisation? cos it and or lateralisation so not everyone spoke about sperry?
I worte about how brocas and motor cortex work together to produce speech and said Sam 'sides of the brain communitcate' bit...idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending