Biology
Physics
Chemistry
History
RS
Spanish
Drama
CGP
If you're doing fsmq ocr add. maths, no revision guides for the current spec have been released yet. They're only the ones from the exam that took place before this year. I have the Hodder Education textbook at the moment which is pretty good, but I believe they're releasing a revision guide for add. maths in the summer, so hang on til then :smile:
For history, the official aqa revision guides that look exactly like the textbooks are the best. Don't bother with cgp for history.
For RS as well, for some combos of religions, you can get a revision guide specific to those two. For example, I have the aqa revision guide that has both Christianity and Islam in
Original post by luckyangel_.x
What revision guides do you recommend for the following subjects:
Maths
Add. Maths
English Lit
English Language
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
History
RS
Spanish
Drama

You definitely need to mention your exam boards
whats your examboards?
What revision guides do you recommend for the following subjects:
Maths
Add. Maths
English Lit
English Language
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
History
RS
Spanish
Drama
Reply 7
oxford textbooks are really good for aqa history !! the hodder ones are good too but they do go into a lot of unnecessary detail
Yeah of course, sorry about that.
Drama - AQA
English (lit and language) - Edexcel
Maths - Edexcel
History - Edexcel IGCSE
RS - AQA
Spanish - AQA
Biology - AQA
Chemistry - AQA
Physics - Edexcel
Lol isn't physics supposed to be Aqa so for all the sciences i recommend the CGP books and for maths I recommend Corbett maths revision cards, Onmaths & Mathsgenie I dont really think you need to buy maths books
Yeah of course, sorry about that.
Drama - AQA
English (lit and language) - Edexcel
Maths - Edexcel
History - Edexcel IGCSE
RS - AQA
Spanish - AQA
Biology - AQA
Chemistry - AQA
Physics - Edexcel
For maths wouldn't really recommend a revision guide - but if you want to buy a book buy one of the cup ones with loads of practise questions - though you can find loads online for free.
Original post by Subhaan1231
Lol isn't physics supposed to be Aqa so for all the sciences i recommend the CGP books and for maths I recommend Corbett maths revision cards, Onmaths & Mathsgenie I dont really think you need to buy maths books

Nah, I do separate sciences so they can be different exam boards. Physics is edexcel and chem + bio are aqa.

Yesss i heard about the Corbett Maths revision cards. How many are there in the pack though and do they give examples?

Thank you!
Original post by doks
oxford textbooks are really good for aqa history !! the hodder ones are good too but they do go into a lot of unnecessary detail

Okay thank you!! Do they have practice questions ?
Original post by drystar
If you're doing fsmq ocr add. maths, no revision guides for the current spec have been released yet. They're only the ones from the exam that took place before this year. I have the Hodder Education textbook at the moment which is pretty good, but I believe they're releasing a revision guide for add. maths in the summer, so hang on til then :smile:

Okay thank you!
Theres 90 and on the back they have qr codes which have a video and q&a but if I was you id go on the website and just type the topic in andfind it on there

Nah, I do separate sciences so they can be different exam boards. Physics is edexcel and chem + bio are aqa.

Yesss i heard about the Corbett Maths revision cards. How many are there in the pack though and do they give examples?

Thank you!
Original post by Subhaan1231

Also, for the sciences do you think that the simple CGP revision guides are okay? or do you recommend the ‘complete revision and practice’ guides?
I feel the simple ones are okay but you can choose if you have any more question pm me lol
Also, for the sciences do you think that the simple CGP revision guides are okay? or do you recommend the ‘complete revision and practice’ guides?
Reply 17
Okay thank you!! Do they have practice questions ?

yep! the oxford ones have a practice question on each page and a practice paper at the back :smile: the hodder ones don't have as many practice questions

Quick Reply

Latest