The Student Room Group

What is the meaning of life???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm not sure but I think that seeing as we don't know, we might as well make the most of it while we have it. :smile:
Meaning isn’t something that exists externally to you, it is a man-made concept, completely subjective and relative to what you as an individual find meaningful.

Asking what the meaning of life is isn’t any different than asking what beauty is, beauty doesn’t actually exist as a property of something. As an example, you may find a particular painting beautiful, but you would be hard-pressed to point out where the beauty exists in the painting, you might say that it’s in the subject matter or composition of colours, but anyone else could come along and tell you that they don’t think that makes the painting beautiful, they could even tell you it’s ugly, and be just as right as you are.

I could tell you what I find meaningful in life, but that doesn’t mean it would be what you or anyone else finds meaningful. In my opinion, many things make life meaningful, and what makes life meaningful can change day-to-day. If you truly want to find what you think is meaningful in life, you’d be best off letting go of the idea that meaning is some external, permanent thing that actually exists in an objective sense, and rather, look within.

It’s not a question of “What is the meaning of life?”
It’s a question of “What do you find meaningful in life?”
interesting (to say the least)

Original post by yzanne
I'm not sure but I think that seeing as we don't know, we might as well make the most of it while we have it. :smile:
excellent
Original post by -_alex_-
Meaning isn’t something that exists externally to you, it is a man-made concept, completely subjective and relative to what you as an individual find meaningful.

Asking what the meaning of life is isn’t any different than asking what beauty is, beauty doesn’t actually exist as a property of something. As an example, you may find a particular painting beautiful, but you would be hard-pressed to point out where the beauty exists in the painting, you might say that it’s in the subject matter or composition of colours, but anyone else could come along and tell you that they don’t think that makes the painting beautiful, they could even tell you it’s ugly, and be just as right as you are.

I could tell you what I find meaningful in life, but that doesn’t mean it would be what you or anyone else finds meaningful. In my opinion, many things make life meaningful, and what makes life meaningful can change day-to-day. If you truly want to find what you think is meaningful in life, you’d be best off letting go of the idea that meaning is some external, permanent thing that actually exists in an objective sense, and rather, look within.

Original post by -_alex_-

Top Answer lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending