The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 2019 Unofficial mark scheme

Okay, this is the unofficial mark scheme for paper 2 psychology! Add in your answers lol
1. B
2. I don’t remember anything else just reply to this down below and add your answers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what did everyone get for percentage increase? also was the statistical mann whitney U??
Yh Mann Whitney. And 86%
Original post by asaa1999
what did everyone get for percentage increase? also was the statistical mann whitney U??

I put Mann Whitney U, and I got 54% but I know someone who put 80 something, so i’m really confused !
Reply 5
I got mann whitney and 46%
I got 54% as well
Reply 7
does anyone know the statistical test for the q on team sports/individual sports on happiness. was it mann whitney (independent groups). i have a feeling it was supposed to be chi-squared and matched pairs
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Mann Whitney, 86%, s= 3 for sign test
Original post by YaraD

That's what I got too
Approaches

MCQ - Genotype I got A I think I actually don’t remember
MCQ-
Operant conditioning
I did negative and postive reinforcement increase likelihood of behaviour reproduced

Outline unconscious structure - ID - pleasures Ego- reality Superego- morality ( I missed this cause I blanked) but only 2 makes

SLT - mediational processes for tiger advert

Use SLT to see why advertiser used rugs by player and paid him-
symbolic model - identify and imitate and purchase

Percentage - sales score
I got 86.6% rounded to 90% to significant figures

Women scored less sales - how could ad be improved to increase them
Women model in advert included - same sex model - imitate and buy product

Outline and Evaluate Wundts role to psychology as a science
Answer:First to see as science Introspection - emotional and mental states study process strength - useful c hunter(2003) helped used happiness as measure
Limitation - unrealistic - Pavlov and Thorndicke already using scientific method so wundts approach ignored and limited (I’m just helping I don’t know if it’s right.

There was the different neurons in biopsych.
I got the A as relay neuron
B as the sensory neuron
C as motor neuron
I studied the neuron picture in AQA cat book

Give gland and hormone and function of endocrine system - not allowed adrenals gland or adrenaline
I said pituitary - master gland
Secrete hormones to trigger other hormones

The essay was Sam and Kieran - hemispheric lateralisation/or localisation
I said sperry and Gazaniga )1967)
Corpus callosum makes brain work as one supports Sam point
Dog and cat - visual field and findings
Could speak and say dog when presneted to right
Not speak when cat shown to left
Right hemisphere - facial recognition
Left hemisphere speech and language
Findings -

supports Kieran
Ao3 :
Split brain Barely used now
- Andrew - small sample - unrepresentative- lacks validity etc

Limitation -
Not only speak from right side - goes against Kieran and supports Sam
Turk at al (2013) found j.w can speak out of right
So disconfirms their research but Gazznagiga (1981) acknowledged that and understood

wernicke left temporal lobe - understanding language
Other localised areas
Strength - apashia studies
Expressive broca
Receptive Wernixke
What I think I wrote

Research methods -
MCQ - what’s is reliability - consistency
Not used in peer review -See if research needs funding
why does scientific report used reference? Idk so no one steals their data or plagiarism - I literally don’t know

What type of hypothesis for team/independent activity -Answer: non directional as no study like it before - also it’s 2 tailed as the sign test question after the critical value table was only for 2-tailed test

Write an hypothesis for study- make sure state there will be difference between group a and b and it’s all operationalised

Sampling method and limitation - opportunity- unrepresentative bias - lacks ecological validity cannot generalise

Matched pairs design - example of variable matched and how the groups assigned
Answer: Sport ability - should’ve dont age but didn’t cause it eww students and also Couslve been gender
random allocation Specifically 1 info group a first then 1 in group b and till 10 in each group

Concurrent validity - previous research - it measures using that test like that forgot the definition with key themes

Explain why lacks validity as researcher knew who was assigned to which group Researcher bias - own aims plus flaw results etc

Use answer from 25 and explain how this could be clear with to increase internal validity Answer : Double blind design - less bias

Sign test - s value -
Answer: I think I got 3 - I forgot which way difference was

Is there significant difference
Answer - I got N as 8 and CV as 0 on table Therefore no significant as s (3) was larger than critical value of 0 at 5% significance level!

Psychology teacher copy the researcher - 30 students
What test should she use -
Answer - 4 marksMann Whitney Test of difference Design independent so unrelated Data was I think nominal or ordinal - forgot what I put The 12 marker own study for the psychology study
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Thank you. Why were people talking about chi sqaured. I never mentioned it??
No it was Mann Whitney
Original post by night7
does anyone know the statistical test for the q on team sports/individual sports on happiness. was it mann whitney (independent groups). i have a feeling it was supposed to be chi-squared and matched pairs
Original post by YaraD

ME too!
Guys u know the neuron question, which order did you label it?
Original post by night7

think it was mann whitney u because each participant had there own score so it was ordinal data? not entirely sure though
Reply 16
Original post by _hollylouiseb
ME too!

SAMEEE!! I dont get how it would be 86 or 90???
Reply 17
Anyone remember the numbers for the percentage increase question???
I did ACA as the neurone because both the first and last sounded like they were neurones to me and it didn’t say I couldn’t use it more than once😂
Errr no but how I worked it out was the 4000 number - the 2 thousand number divided by the 2 thousand number (original) and then multiplied by 100, so essentially the difference/originalx100

Original post by Omahs
Anyone remember the numbers for the percentage increase question???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending