The Student Room Group

Ovulation

Hello,

Me and my partner practice “outercourse” but if possible is that the way we do it correct?

I go down on her first she does me and then we both wash our hands near enough at the same time.

Also, I have what you may consider a peculiar question but if my partner was to give me oral and had my semen in her mouth and then we kissed would there be a transfer of semen in our mouths then if I was to go down on her would this pose a risk for pregnancy? I think not because of the acidity levels of saliva but then again the mouth can be considered a warm place for sperm?

Another is if one partner was clothed (2layers of fabric; underwear and trouser) and the other was fully naked the chances of semen going through the fabric is not possible, am I correct? Thanks in advance.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
However unlikely, transfer of sperm could happen in cases like this. Just because the odds are against it it doesnt mean it’s impossible, but then again, condoms are only 99% efficient, so if you would consider using a condom, then i’d say no different to what you described.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mazenod
However unlikely, transfer of sperm could happen in cases like this. Just because the odds are against it it doesnt mean it’s impossible, but then again, condoms are only 99% efficient, so if you would consider using a condom, then i’d say no different to what you described.

Condoms are only about 82% effective with typical use (98% with perfect use, but "perfect" is not easy to achieve).

OP, there is always a small chance of pregnancy in situations like these, even if you are not actually having intercourse. You are clearly very worried about it, and it might be worth you and your partner getting some advice from a family planning clinic. If you are not keen on that, using condoms for oral might make you feel a little less anxious.
Thank you for your input.

It’s not really to do with anxiety but when we do not have a contraceptive the main question was if pregnancy could occur.

I’d be more anxious if we were both naked and I rubbed my genitals around hers.

I know the likelihood of this happening is possible but minute I doubt I have super sperm which can carve itself through my underwear and trousers and I now have an understanding that sperm needs to be in its optimum (factors to help in impregnation) and as sperm being fragile beings transferred to and from mouth to mouth must give the little swimmers a headache. I just hope I am right lol

But thank you nonetheless.
Original post by black tea
Condoms are only about 82% effective with typical use (98% with perfect use, but "perfect" is not easy to achieve).

OP, there is always a small chance of pregnancy in situations like these, even if you are not actually having intercourse. You are clearly very worried about it, and it might be worth you and your partner getting some advice from a family planning clinic. If you are not keen on that, using condoms for oral might make you feel a little less anxious.
Original post by Nobrainsjustme
Thank you for your input.

It’s not really to do with anxiety but when we do not have a contraceptive the main question was if pregnancy could occur.

I’d be more anxious if we were both naked and I rubbed my genitals around hers.

I know the likelihood of this happening is possible but minute I doubt I have super sperm which can carve itself through my underwear and trousers and I now have an understanding that sperm needs to be in its optimum (factors to help in impregnation) and as sperm being fragile beings transferred to and from mouth to mouth must give the little swimmers a headache. I just hope I am right lol

But thank you nonetheless.

So why not just use contraception?
I did say if we don’t have contraception as in, in the moment, and or if she missed her pills.

Not worried about STI’s as I’ve been with the same person for years and we regularly test anyway just in case.
So why not just use contraception?
Original post by Nobrainsjustme
I did say if we don’t have contraception as in, in the moment, and or if she missed her pills.

Not worried about STI’s as I’ve been with the same person for years and we regularly test anyway just in case.

If she is on the pill and you are doing what you describe, there's like no chance of pregnancy. If she is missing a lot of pills though, might need to think about long-acting contraceptives...
Thanks.
She has been considering a copper IUD.
By any chance are you a medical professional, I don’t mean to ask this to question your judgement just out of curiosity.
If she is on the pill and you are doing what you describe, there's like no chance of pregnancy. If she is missing a lot of pills though, might need to think about long-acting contraceptives...

Quick Reply

Latest