The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottinham Trent full fee Scholarship chances of getting it

Hi,

I just recently received a letter from SFE that Im not eligible for student finance on the basis of not being ordinarily and lawfully resident in the Uk throughout the 3 year period. Ive got a conditional offer from NTU for Architecture and Ill be submitting my international scholarship next week (about 2 weeks before the deadline) .I just wanted to ask whats the chances of me getting the full fee, I know it competitive but I really really need this because I don't know how else I can pay for my tuition fee. Is there like a criteria or something for this? And is it hard to get?
Original post by Rmnz
Hi,

I just recently received a letter from SFE that Im not eligible for student finance on the basis of not being ordinarily and lawfully resident in the Uk throughout the 3 year period. Ive got a conditional offer from NTU for Architecture and Ill be submitting my international scholarship next week (about 2 weeks before the deadline) .I just wanted to ask whats the chances of me getting the full fee, I know it competitive but I really really need this because I don't know how else I can pay for my tuition fee. Is there like a criteria or something for this? And is it hard to get?

What is your nationality and where have you been the last 3 years?
Are you sure you qualify for the international scholarship? What nationalities do you have available?
Your best bet is to contact NTU directly and they can give you feedback on how many applications they get v scholarships available. The website is unhelpful, but unless you are an exceptional student then I imagine your chances of being successful are very slight. From the ones ive seen there are only a few available.

I have had a look and there seems very little information on the scheme., hence ring them up and ask specific questions.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve been in this country for the last 9 years it’s just that I received my leave to remain visa last year. So do you think it’s going to be hard to get it?
The scholarship ended today Monday 24 June 2019 16:00 GMT.

Did you later apply for International Undergraduate Full-Fee Scholarship?

When will the results be out. I applied too. Waiting for the final outcome.

Original post by Rmnz
Hi,

Did you apply for the International Undergraduate Full-Fee Scholarship. How many people are awarded the scholarship
Original post by 999tigger
What is your nationality and where have you been the last 3 years?
Are you sure you qualify for the international scholarship? What nationalities do you have available?
Your best bet is to contact NTU directly and they can give you feedback on how many applications they get v scholarships available. The website is unhelpful, but unless you are an exceptional student then I imagine your chances of being successful are very slight. From the ones ive seen there are only a few available.

I have had a look and there seems very little information on the scheme., hence ring them up and ask specific questions.
Original post by Anonymous
Did you apply for the International Undergraduate Full-Fee Scholarship. How many people are awarded the scholarship

They cna provide you with that information, contact them GL. but be realistic.
Original post by Rmnz
I’ve been in this country for the last 9 years it’s just that I received my leave to remain visa last year. So do you think it’s going to be hard to get it?

You need to tag otherwise I have no idea you replied and there are thousands of threads on TSR.

V hard as if you contacted them like I said then there are a handful of scholarships worth c£20k cash a year and a lot of desperate people who want a bit of that. They should have given you the numbers when you asked for them, doubt its a secret.

If it had been me I would have waited my three years. Easy peasy, get a job and experience.
Reply 8
Original post by Rmnz
Hi,

You are lucky. Since u are a UK resident, u can also apply for this scholarship:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/fees-and-funding/undergraduate/scholarships-and-bursaries/scholarships/article-26-scholarship/

Meanwhile, did u win the NTU Scholarship
Reply 9
Has anyone been contacted as a scholarship winner for the following deadline:

Monday 25 March 2019 16:00 GMT
Monday 20 May 2019 16:00 GMT
Monday 24 June 2019 16:00 GMT.

Thank you.

Has the full-fee and half-fee winners been contacted?
Reply 10
I got an email for them saying they can’t accept my application because I’ve declared my residential status in my UCAS application as home student so I called them and they said its ok I can just contact admission team to change my residential status. But they also said I will have to pay tuition fee of £13,900 and the scholarship is very competitive and theyll only award full fee scholarship to the most outstanding student. So now Im 50/50 on if I should continue this scholarship.

That royal Holloway scholarship is expired.
Do you guys know any other scholarship that I can apply for?
Original post by ntuhope
You are lucky. Since u are a UK resident, u can also apply for this scholarship:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/fees-and-funding/undergraduate/scholarships-and-bursaries/scholarships/article-26-scholarship/

Meanwhile, did u win the NTU Scholarship
Reply 11
Original post by Rmnz
I got an email for them saying they can’t accept my application because I’ve declared my residential status in my UCAS application as home student so I called them and they said its ok I can just contact admission team to change my residential status. But they also said I will have to pay tuition fee of £13,900 and the scholarship is very competitive and theyll only award full fee scholarship to the most outstanding student. So now Im 50/50 on if I should continue this scholarship.

That royal Holloway scholarship is expired.
Do you guys know any other scholarship that I can apply for?

Did you apply for the scholarship on or before Monday 24 June 2019 16:00 GMT. The scholarship deadline has passed.

You can also look at 999tigger advise or apply for Royal Holloway next year.

You had better not waste your money (13900 times 3 = 41700 pounds)
Reply 12
Yeah I did. I’m tryna find out if I can apply for the article 26 scholarship though it’s only for asylum seekers. If I can’t then I probably will have to take a gap year
Original post by ntuhope
Did you apply for the scholarship on or before Monday 24 June 2019 16:00 GMT. The scholarship deadline has passed.

You can also look at 999tigger advise or apply for Royal Holloway next year.

You had better not waste your money (13900 times 3 = 41700 pounds)
How is your profile. Did you have A, A, A in your 3 A level subjects. Is your future plan and work experience credible? Do you know how many people chosen for the full scholarship?
Original post by Rmnz
Yeah I did. I’m tryna find out if I can apply for the article 26 scholarship though it’s only for asylum seekers. If I can’t then I probably will have to take a gap year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending