England start their campaign on Sunday against Scotland :awesome:

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/matches/match/300438214/#match-squadlist
It's coming home
Reply 3
It just isn't the same.

All I'm saying. ✌️
Reply 4
Original post by AbortBlackBabies
Women are inferior at sports so hardly anyone will watch it no matter how much the media promote it

Womens best national teams couldn't even beat the worst under 15 boys team LOL

Oh and those who find my name so offensive understand I'm taking the piss out of the abortion advocates.

Original post by SMEGGGY
It just isn't the same.

All I'm saying. ✌️

It’s people like you why women’s sports are overlooked and dismissed.
We should celebrate women’s football achievements as much as men’s football and any other sports for that matter.
Reply 5
Original post by wordsandroses
It’s people like you why women’s sports are overlooked and dismissed.
We should celebrate women’s football achievements as much as men’s football and any other sports for that matter.

Never going to happen, no matter how PC it is you'll never make people be enthusiastic about something they don't like.

Millions of women hate sports so how the **** can you fill up stadiums like they fill up for mens sports? You going to drag them? It's a farce saying because men do something women too have to have the equivalent. Absurd
(edited 4 years ago)
I am so in for this! Enjoy watching women's football way more, and the lionesses are fab :biggrin:
Germany made hard work of that against China
Original post by SMEGGGY
Never going to happen, no matter how PC it is you'll never make people be enthusiastic about something they don't like.

Millions of women hate sports so how the **** can you fill up stadiums like they fill up for mens sports? You going to drag them? It's a farce saying because men do something women too have to have the equivalent. Absurd

The women's game is exactly the same game as them men's game. The product is not changed in any significant because the players are women.

Why do you think women don't like football? Why would women only go to a women's game? Why wouldn't a man watch women's football?
Reply 9
Original post by mojojojo101
The women's game is exactly the same game as them men's game. The product is not changed in any significant because the players are women.

Why do you think women don't like football? Why would women only go to a women's game? Why wouldn't a man watch women's football?

Rant all you like.
Nothing wrong with women playing football
Big one tonight England and Scotland
Reply 12
Original post by Rock Fan
Big one tonight England and Scotland

Aye. What a great way to open up our campaign :yy:
Should be good :biggrin:
Well we won but made hard work of it
Reply 14
Original post by Rock Fan
Well we won but made hard work of it

Yeh true, second half Scotland fought back
Liked that late run by the Canadian player who scored that header
Original post by SMEGGGY

The problem is as well it's not just the fact many less women are interested in watching other women play sport compared to men wanting to watch men, but although it's anecdotal, the women who do like football and actively go to games that I know don't want to watch women's football. Both said practically the same thing which was "women are **** compared to men, why would I want to watch women play barely non-league quality football when I can watch the men?".

They seemed to suggest other women who they knew who go to watch mens games think the same. It's odd really because other sports are separated by gender and the men are generally superior in strength, speed etc, but tend not to have that sort of commentary said about them as much. Maybe it's ingrained into them? Who knows. I mean admittedly I watched the women's world cup last time and I'm watching games now and I although you can tell they're putting everything into it, there is quite a bit of sloppy passing etc compared to say the Segunda División match I watched tonight, which itself is hardly the pinnacle of the men's game. One thing I will say is at least the women don't seem to go down and roll about like they've been shot at the slightest, or no, touch.
(edited 4 years ago)
Enjoying so far, looking forward to watching more of the matches! :love:
First time ever England Ladies have ever won all 3 group games
So cruel for Australia tonight

Quick Reply

Latest