The Student Room Group

Practising No Risk Sex

Hello,

Me and my partner practice “outercourse” but if possible is that the way we do it correct?

I go down on her first she does me and then we both wash our hands near enough at the same time.

Also, I have what you may consider a peculiar question but if my partner was to give me oral and had my semen in her mouth and then we kissed would there be a transfer of semen in our mouths then if I was to go down on her would this pose a risk for pregnancy? I think not because of the acidity levels of saliva but then again the mouth can be considered a warm place for sperm?

Another is if one partner was clothed (2layers of fabric; underwear and trouser) and the other was fully naked the chances of semen going through the fabric is not possible, am I correct? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Nobrainsjustme
Hello,

Me and my partner practice “outercourse” but if possible is that the way we do it correct?

I go down on her first she does me and then we both wash our hands near enough at the same time.

Also, I have what you may consider a peculiar question but if my partner was to give me oral and had my semen in her mouth and then we kissed would there be a transfer of semen in our mouths then if I was to go down on her would this pose a risk for pregnancy? I think not because of the acidity levels of saliva but then again the mouth can be considered a warm place for sperm?

Another is if one partner was clothed (2layers of fabric; underwear and trouser) and the other was fully naked the chances of semen going through the fabric is not possible, am I correct? Thanks in advance.

no, theres no chance there, but maybe ask her to go on the pill or wear a condom if you're concerned.
Well...

By 'safe sex' I assume you mean no or low risk of pregnancy as clearly STIs can be spread by oral sex. To lower the risk of STI's related to oral sex you can use condoms and dental damns and/or both get a sexual health check up.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/sexual-health/what-infections-can-i-catch-through-oral-sex/

For your other questions we need to think about contamination and odds.

1. The mouth is a hostile environment to sperm but it is also wet and warm so it's not as hostile as being outside of the body in a dry spot. Transferring semen with viable sperm orally to the vagina is possible - it's highly unlikely by what you describe, however.
You could lower this further by allowing time to pass before preforming oral, reducing your level of exposure, wearing a condom, your partner being on birth control.
2. Again it's possible but highly unlikely. As the layers reduce and contamination increases so does the risk, though.

It doesn't sound like anything you are doing is particularly risky but be mindful of contamination and look into researching contraceptive options as a couple.
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks

I was mainly referring to the actual sexual act
Original post by JTfoxlove
Well...

By 'safe sex' I assume you mean no or low risk of pregnancy as clearly STIs can be spread by oral sex. To lower the risk of STI's related to oral sex you can use condoms and dental damns and/or both get a sexual health check up.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/sexual-health/what-infections-can-i-catch-through-oral-sex/

For your other questions we need to think about contamination and odds.

1. The mouth is a hostile environment to sperm but it is also wet and warm so it's not as hostile as being outside of the body in a dry spot. Transferring semen with viable sperm orally to the vagina is possible - it's highly unlikely by what you describe, however.
You could lower this further by allowing time to pass before preforming oral, reducing your level of exposure, wearing a condom, your partner being on birth control.
2. Again it's possible but highly unlikely. As the layers reduce and contamination increases so does the risk, though.

It doesn't sound like anything you are doing is particularly risky but be mindful of contamination and look into researching contraceptive options as a couple.
Thank you it was mainly to do with being in the moment. When I haven’t got a condom and or when she has missed a pill.

I doubt I have super sperm even though I am young sperm still has to work in its optimum, no?

I obviously can’t be the only couple who do this and doesn’t result in pregnancy..
Original post by Nobrainsjustme
Thanks

I was mainly referring to the actual sexual act

Quick Reply

Latest