The Student Room Group

Vagina/pelvic pains- im so scared

Hi guys,
Before I begin my thread I have booked a docs appointment Idk im looking for a place to share my symptoms, possible get some similar experiences.
So last week tuesday I started getting this pain in my left ovary area it lasts for a few seconds. Before that I had a few abdomen pains nothing I took any notice off. But this week I've been getting pains in left ovary, which has spread to my lower back sometimes theigh. I get pains very occasionally on the other side to and sometimes near my belly button.

Pains themselves last around a few seconds are are on and off. Especially when I lie down its more prominent

Im so scared its a number of things:
Ovarian cancer
Bowel cancer
I have suffered with years of chronic constipation- Im scared ive damaged some organs due to years of straining esp because when I go to the toilet those areas can hurt

Has anyone had a similar experience?
bump
Reply 2
Could be ovarian cyst happened to my niece. Don t hang around get to doctors as soon as possible and insist on an ultra sound scan. Is your stomach swollen?
Original post by tillyteewee
Hi guys,
Before I begin my thread I have booked a docs appointment Idk im looking for a place to share my symptoms, possible get some similar experiences.
So last week tuesday I started getting this pain in my left ovary area it lasts for a few seconds. Before that I had a few abdomen pains nothing I took any notice off. But this week I've been getting pains in left ovary, which has spread to my lower back sometimes theigh. I get pains very occasionally on the other side to and sometimes near my belly button.

Pains themselves last around a few seconds are are on and off. Especially when I lie down its more prominent

Im so scared its a number of things:
Ovarian cancer
Bowel cancer
I have suffered with years of chronic constipation- Im scared ive damaged some organs due to years of straining esp because when I go to the toilet those areas can hurt

Has anyone had a similar experience?
i wouldnt of thought my stomach was swollen but few days back i went to put on my everyday trousers which usually fit but they were super tight around my stomach.

Im so scared they'd do a physical pelvic exam or colonscopy I know if they have to they have to, what sort of procedures did ur niece go through?
Original post by Scotney
Could be ovarian cyst happened to my niece. Don t hang around get to doctors as soon as possible and insist on an ultra sound scan. Is your stomach swollen?
Reply 4
An ultra sound just involves a bit of gel on your tummy and then they slide a camera around on it. The physical exam is not that bad and you need checking out. Did you ever get tested for PCOS a blood test.
Original post by Scotney

i wouldnt of thought my stomach was swollen but few days back i went to put on my everyday trousers which usually fit but they were super tight around my stomach.

Im so scared they'd do a physical pelvic exam or colonscopy I know if they have to they have to, what sort of procedures did ur niece go through?
You're right ill just have to be brave about it. My docs appointment is on the Wednesday and I'll defo be adement to get scans/tests. Nope ive never had a blood test regarding any hormone issues

Thank you btw x
Original post by Scotney
An ultra sound just involves a bit of gel on your tummy and then they slide a camera around on it. The physical exam is not that bad and you need checking out. Did you ever get tested for PCOS a blood test.
Reply 6
You're right ill just have to be brave about it. My docs appointment is on the Wednesday and I'll defo be adement to get scans/tests. Nope ive never had a blood test regarding any hormone issues

Thank you btw x

Reason I mentioned it was I looked on your recent posts while I was waiting and noticed you had an excess hair problem. My sister had this but doctor took no notice. A year later while pregnant the ultrasound showed up the cyst the size of an orange on her ovary. The hairiness is a symptom of PCOS. She had to have op there and then.
Reply 7
Niece was also fobbed off as the GP kept saying it was just stress and IBS. In the end went private and cyst was within hours of bursting.So do be firm and if pain becomes acute go to A&E or phone111.
Original post by Scotney
Reason I mentioned it was I looked on your recent posts while I was waiting and noticed you had an excess hair problem. My sister had this but doctor took no notice. A year later while pregnant the ultrasound showed up the cyst the size of an orange on her ovary. The hairiness is a symptom of PCOS. She had to have op there and then.
Thank you xx
Original post by Scotney
Niece was also fobbed off as the GP kept saying it was just stress and IBS. In the end went private and cyst was within hours of bursting.So do be firm and if pain becomes acute go to A&E or phone111.

Quick Reply

Latest