The Student Room Group

3rd degree

I got a third in my degree but I'm only 1.9% off a 2.2. I've read that if you score is within 3% they can up it to the next level. Is this right
Original post by Aayla
I got a third in my degree but I'm only 1.9% off a 2.2. I've read that if you score is within 3% they can up it to the next level. Is this right

Where have you read this? Care to link it?
The rules about exam scoring , year progression and final degree classification should be available on the website or from your department. Depending how they work then sometimes modules in 3rd year have a greater weighting than 2nd year and you may be able to miss out a worst performing one. Each uni has their own rules. You need to find and read them or ask your department or go and see a student advisor if they confuse you.

In terms of grades, then the margin is normally .5% rounded, so you could get rounded up on 49.5%. The rules should tell you, but that would be common. The rules will tell you how your grade is worked out.
Original post by Aayla

You could transfer your credits to Open University and do your final year with them and then get another Honours degree. You could try to get a higher degree grade with them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending