The Student Room Group

Going bald at 21, what can I do?

I've been stressing out a lot about this but I've noticed that my hair is starting to recede quite quickly and I'm worried. Is there anything I can do to stop it? I've heard about rogaine and wondered if it will help but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm also worried about my dating life now, as I've usually done pretty well with women but worried that if I go bald that will change. one of my good friends who is a girl says she isn't really attracted to bald men so it makes me kind of worried. any advice would be appreciated as long as its positive. I don't really wanna shave it all off right now but at the same time my hair is a fair bit thinner than it was a couple years ago so any help is appreciated, thanks.
Maybe look at hair transplants, expensive but they restore your hair
Original post by Anonymous
I've been stressing out a lot about this but I've noticed that my hair is starting to recede quite quickly and I'm worried. Is there anything I can do to stop it? I've heard about rogaine and wondered if it will help but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm also worried about my dating life now, as I've usually done pretty well with women but worried that if I go bald that will change. one of my good friends who is a girl says she isn't really attracted to bald men so it makes me kind of worried. any advice would be appreciated as long as its positive. I don't really wanna shave it all off right now but at the same time my hair is a fair bit thinner than it was a couple years ago so any help is appreciated, thanks.
Low-level Laser treatment should do the trick.
Reply 3
Does that actually work? And if so how much is it? I have some money saved which I would prefer to save for school or something big but at the same time, I'm too young to be losing my hair. Is it a permanent solution?
Original post by Yasmin1224
Low-level Laser treatment should do the trick.
Does that actually work? And if so how much is it? I have some money saved which I would prefer to save for school or something big but at the same time, I'm too young to be losing my hair. Is it a permanent solution?

Yes it actually works and is a permanent hair solution. But I don't know how much it actually cost
Reply 5
Ahh, yeah looks like a good solution but I looked in to an sounds quite expensive :/ Hoping my hair holds out until I have that kind of money to spare... I'm mostly just kind of concerned about what I should do in the time being. I know most girls say that guys who are thinning should just shave it off but I'm really not ready to just "embrace it" but wondering if maybe I should just just go for it and hope for the best. Might be a dumb question but do you prefer a guy with a shaved head or is a guys with thinning hair still okay?
Yes it actually works and is a permanent hair solution. But I don't know how much it actually cost

Reply 7
Heard that toupees are pretty easy to recognize is the thing so not too sure if I'll go with that...
Original post by StarLinyx
The Duke of Cambridge would feel your pain as I am sure it happened to him. It hasn't held him back though.
Reply 9
I guess you're right, still sucks to be losing hair this young considering I'm not rich and royal...
Original post by barnetlad
The Duke of Cambridge would feel your pain as I am sure it happened to him. It hasn't held him back though.
Reply 10
I have been on Finasteride for just over a year and it has worked wonders - my hair is a **** ton thicker, my hairline hasn't improved much but Finasteride isn't known for that. I have started to dermaroll a little bit but it's a huge hassle so I'm tempted by that laser comb thing.
Heard that toupees are pretty easy to recognize is the thing so not too sure if I'll go with that...

They are not toupees - do your research. This is real hair, and is hard to detect.
Ahh, yeah looks like a good solution but I looked in to an sounds quite expensive :/ Hoping my hair holds out until I have that kind of money to spare... I'm mostly just kind of concerned about what I should do in the time being. I know most girls say that guys who are thinning should just shave it off but I'm really not ready to just "embrace it" but wondering if maybe I should just just go for it and hope for the best. Might be a dumb question but do you prefer a guy with a shaved head or is a guys with thinning hair still okay?

If you are not ready to shave it all off then work with what you got don't rush into anything that you are unsure of.
If you are ready to shave it all off then talk to your barber or stylist and get an honest opinion of what you'll look like, because you'll look like a completely different person. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Personally I would prefer a guy with a shaved head🙄

We’re all going to die and our death is imminent your baldness doesn’t matter there’s people out there who are bald and billionaires (Jeff the Amazon boi) it’s you actions that you take that determine your own prosperity.In short nobody cares and do something that’s beneficial... meow meow
If you are not ready to shave it all off then work with what you got don't rush into anything that you are unsure of.
If you are ready to shave it all off then talk to your barber or stylist and get an honest opinion of what you'll look like, because you'll look like a completely different person. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Personally I would prefer a guy with a shaved head🙄

Good advice, I'm still kind of wary of shaving it but to be honest I don't think I have that many years left with a full head of hair which sucks. Though, in the end it could end up looking better as I know trying to hold onto it eventually looks pretty bad. Will definitely consider cutting it short though
I have a nice hat for sale to hide your bald shiny head. It will cost you £120 cash

F

Look into finasteride my friend. I started balding at 21 too and it grew back all my hair lol.

Quick Reply

Latest