The Student Room Group

2019 AQA Design & Tech NEA

Does anyone know the 2019 AQA Design and Tech [Product Design] contexts for the NEA beginning in June?
They are listed on this page, with some information.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5982100
Reply 2
Thanks are you doing DT GCSE?
Original post by Marcus7948
They are listed on this page, with some information.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5982100
Yeah, I am doing my NEA this year and tests net year
Original post by dia_daquiri
Thanks are you doing DT GCSE?
Reply 4
Same, which context are you doing?
Omg yeh I’m doing GCSE DT and I think I’m gonna do safe and comfortable home but I also have ideas for the big event one
Reply 6
any ideas guys on what anyone can make?
I'm doing high profile activity or event and am making a transport solution for a hobbyist's DJ set up (Laptop, small console, headphones, wires etc). If anyone is struggling I'd suggest that you take the 3rd challenge and make something to do with a hobby that either you or your friend has, for example a modular battleground for wargames/table top games or a cookbook display that can keep your recipe safe and dry.
Original post by dia_daquiri
any ideas guys on what anyone can make?
Yeah I'm doing that too, I'm stuck on section c for design ideas though
Reply 9
Original post by JustinWard
Yeah I'm doing that too, I'm stuck on section c for design ideas though

Hold up you are at design ideas, I'm not even past the design brief and specification. Which contextual challenge are you doing?
Reply 10
This is selfish of me but I need a bit of help if anyone is in the mood. I am trying to create a sort of light which involves a sphere shape in which the lamp could sit. I don't want to 3D print and thought I could create an almost sphere out of interlocking acrylic tiles (for example hexagons and pentagons on a football shape). Can anyone help me please, I'm not good at working with acrylic but I can't think of another way. Cheers!
Original post by Theo_HW
This is selfish of me but I need a bit of help if anyone is in the mood. I am trying to create a sort of light which involves a sphere shape in which the lamp could sit. I don't want to 3D print and thought I could create an almost sphere out of interlocking acrylic tiles (for example hexagons and pentagons on a football shape). Can anyone help me please, I'm not good at working with acrylic but I can't think of another way. Cheers!

If ur school has a vacuum former, u can vacuum form around an spherical object and layer the plastic to make 1 strong plastic sphere without using a 3d printer

Quick Reply

Latest