The Student Room Group

How do you poop?

Really weird and yucky question, but I feel like I damaged my body because of the way ive been pooping for years
when I poop I always push but I read an article that you shouldnt push at ALL. When you sit on the toilet it should come out?

Do you push at all when doing the number 2?
reported
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Really weird and yucky question, but I feel like I damaged my body because of the way ive been pooping for years
when I poop I always push but I read an article that you shouldnt push at ALL. When you sit on the toilet it should come out?

Do you push at all when doing the number 2?

If you're concerned I would see a GP. They can give you some advice and it may even be that you have a mild issue which is causing your need to push more (like a bit of chronic constipation). It might also be that you really aren't pushing too much and there's not issue at all.
Realistically not everybody poops the same way. Some will push, some won't, some will raise their knees or squat. I'm sure some people will even sit backwards on the seat! As long as your GP confirms you're fine and don't have any issues that's alright.

Sitting with legs down doesn't actually give the best posture for pooping (you can google to find out more about that) and sitting with your knees up helps to line things up better. Of you feel like you are having to strain more than you should to poop you could try putting your feet up on a stool and see if that helps at all.

Long term you should try to avoid strain as much as possible because it puts stress on your muscles and tissue that can lead to issues further down the line.
Sounds like you might be constipated.

Quick Reply

Latest