The Student Room Group

biology

Hi Guys I want to ask can I do As and A2 Biology AQA in one year WITHOUT coursework/practical work ? is that possible ?
Reply 1
It's possible to do the whole A level in one year if you have a very good grasp of Biology and can quickly understand concepts. AQA (along with the other exam boards), assess practical work understanding within the exam papers, so if you weren't to complete them you'd be disadvantaged. You also need to do 12 required practicals for AQA to pass the practical endorsement, which doesn't affect your grade if I understand correctly, but is a separate pass/fail. From what I've seen most universities ask for a certain grade plus a pass in the practical element of the course, especially if you're looking at a science or science related degree. I wouldn't advise skipping the practical component of the course.
Original post by 90'S
Hi Guys I want to ask can I do As and A2 Biology AQA in one year WITHOUT coursework/practical work ? is that possible ?
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying back to me and wow I have to do 12 practical ? but I am self teaching myself for that I would need a tutor right to guide me etc ? what do you reckon and what is it out of and woow 12 is too much that is a lot but oh well I will do it definitely and because I'll be studying this from home should I contact AQA and ask them where I can do the practical test ? because the 6th form college where I will do the written exam will not allow me as an external candidate to do the practical test there . Also which exam board is easy and well recognised only AQA? and yes I want to do medicine and I need highest grade possible Biology is the only subject I will do for a year
Original post by jsg9
It's possible to do the whole A level in one year if you have a very good grasp of Biology and can quickly understand concepts. AQA (along with the other exam boards), assess practical work understanding within the exam papers, so if you weren't to complete them you'd be disadvantaged. You also need to do 12 required practicals for AQA to pass the practical endorsement, which doesn't affect your grade if I understand correctly, but is a separate pass/fail. From what I've seen most universities ask for a certain grade plus a pass in the practical element of the course, especially if you're looking at a science or science related degree. I wouldn't advise skipping the practical component of the course.
Reply 3
If you're looking to do medicine I would advise not teaching yourself Biology, you'll need an A or an A*. Med schools will also want to make sure you have passed the practical component of the course. Yes, for AQA there are 12 required practicals, these are also assessed through exam practical based questions. All other exam boards also require you to complete a practical component of the course. AQA is well recognised, it's not easy. As for where you can do them, I'm not sure. If the sixth form where you're sitting the papers won't allow you to do it I would contact AQA and ask them for some advice.
Original post by 90'S
Thank you so much for replying back to me and wow I have to do 12 practical ? but I am self teaching myself for that I would need a tutor right to guide me etc ? what do you reckon and what is it out of and woow 12 is too much that is a lot but oh well I will do it definitely and because I'll be studying this from home should I contact AQA and ask them where I can do the practical test ? because the 6th form college where I will do the written exam will not allow me as an external candidate to do the practical test there . Also which exam board is easy and well recognised only AQA? and yes I want to do medicine and I need highest grade possible Biology is the only subject I will do for a year
Reply 4
THANK YOUU SOOOOO MUCH I WILL DEFINITELY GET A TUTOR 100%% THANK YOU and do you know any good tutors that you can recommend me and im thinking of tailored tutors if you know about them . Thank you SOOO much
Reply 5
Feel free to PM me about this and I'll be happy to help :smile:
Original post by 90'S
THANK YOUU SOOOOO MUCH I WILL DEFINITELY GET A TUTOR 100%% THANK YOU and do you know any good tutors that you can recommend me and im thinking of tailored tutors if you know about them . Thank you SOOO much
Hi 90's,
NEC can help with an online tutor-supported course, although ours is the Edexcel SNAB syllabus - just as good as AQA. We can help you get the grade you need, and also provide venues for the practical endorsement. Get in touch for a chat. 0800 3892839. The countdown to 2020 exams is ticking. Daniel.

Original post by 90'S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending