The Student Room Group

how to whiten my skin?

hi guyss,

im iranian and itailian but my skin is fairly light. i have weird dark patches around my bum, neck and forehead and its so frustrating. i think its sun damage but i think its hyper pigmentation. i dislike it because my skin is even and i have dark patches

skin tips? anyone had laser hyperpigmentation removal? x

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you look great!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Don't worry about it. I'm sure you look great!

wtf
what do you mean i look great? i have dark patches that are 5 shades darker than my skin tone?????
any products?
Original post by frne5
wtf
what do you mean i look great? i have dark patches that are 5 shades darker than my skin tone?????

To be fair I haven't seen them, but I can only imagine they make you look different and unique. It's not a disfigurement, it's an adornment.
Are you sure it's not vitiligo? Because vitiligo looks amazing
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
To be fair I haven't seen them, but I can only imagine they make you look different and unique. It's not a disfigurement, it's an adornment.

LOOOL you think so positively but seriously i hate these patches they make my skin look weird which is why im looking to get rid of them
Original post by speedwagon
Are you sure it's not vitiligo? Because vitiligo looks amazing

no its not that its like hyper pigmentation
If you have hyperpigmentation you get laser treatment. It may be dead skin so for that I would try chemical exfoliants.
Original post by frne5
no its not that its like hyper pigmentation
If you have hyperpigmentation you get laser treatment. It may be dead skin so for that I would try chemical exfoliants.

i exfoliate a lot tried so much stuff but doesn't move :frown:
Reply 10
Get it checked out, could be vitiligo.
Original post by Qadeer1
Get it checked out, could be vitiligo.

its not as severe thankfully its more like hyperpigmentation if that makes sense
Then you have to get laser treatment if it's hyperpigmentation (which I have). Otherwise, it's probably vitiligo. Not all vitiligo looks the same btw and you can develop it late in your life.
Original post by frne5
i exfoliate a lot tried so much stuff but doesn't move :frown:
Then you have to get laser treatment if it's hyperpigmentation (which I have). Otherwise, it's probably vitiligo. Not all vitiligo looks the same btw and you can develop it late in your life.

have you had laser before?
how do you get rid of your hyperpigmentation personally?
It faded over time when I used a gentle skincare regimen. If you're too intensive and do too much exfoliation the hyperpigmentation can darken.
Original post by frne5
have you had laser before?
how do you get rid of your hyperpigmentation personally?
It faded over time when I used a gentle skincare regimen. If you're too intensive and do too much exfoliation the hyperpigmentation can darken.

what products were in this skincare regimen?
Original post by frne5
hi guyss,

im iranian and itailian but my skin is fairly light. i have weird dark patches around my bum, neck and forehead and its so frustrating. i think its sun damage but i think its hyper pigmentation. i dislike it because my skin is even and i have dark patches

skin tips? anyone had laser hyperpigmentation removal? x

I know lemon juice works to lighten scars. I’ve not tried it on skin but I see no reason why it wouldn’t have the same effect.
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and CeraVe cream. Only 2 products and with no irritating ingredients. No fragrances, no malessezia aggrevation, no acne aggrevation, no harmful chemicals. I'm going to assume your young and for young people skin is very effective at healing itself but only if you're gentle. Then skin cells can turn themselves over.
Original post by frne5
what products were in this skincare regimen?
Lemon does have natural bleaching qualities but shouldn't be used in skincare. It's too acidic. Lemon juice can change the natural pH of your acid mantle, potentially causing skin irritation, hyperpigmentation and sensitivity to the sun.
Original post by Herbie-gem01
I know lemon juice works to lighten scars. I’ve not tried it on skin but I see no reason why it wouldn’t have the same effect.
Lemon does have natural bleaching qualities but shouldn't be used in skincare. It's too acidic. Lemon juice can change the natural pH of your acid mantle, potentially causing skin irritation, hyperpigmentation and sensitivity to the sun.

ive tried lemon juice its not effective i need something stronger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending