The Student Room Group

How does everyone study?

I was just wondering what kind of process everyone goes through when it comes to studying? As in collecting notes throughout the year, not just exam season?

Personally, i get a good solid set of detailed notes, condense them down a few times until they’re flash cards, then use them to make posters, answer practice questions, quizzes/question cards, brainstorms and adding what i don’t know etc etc.

What do you all do?
Read notes online or from spec, then do a question. If I’m a bit lazier I do the question without revising nor do I mark it but any revision is revision.
Reply 2
I usually write flashcards&test myself on them, and also write a lot of essay plans and then write them.
Original post by frank.ie
I was just wondering what kind of process everyone goes through when it comes to studying? As in collecting notes throughout the year, not just exam season?

Personally, i get a good solid set of detailed notes, condense them down a few times until they’re flash cards, then use them to make posters, answer practice questions, quizzes/question cards, brainstorms and adding what i don’t know etc etc.

What do you all do?

I do the same as you.
i don't LMAO

actually i did four past papers for maths this weekend but that's because i did literally nothing thorough out the module
Reply 5
I make spider diagrams in different colours, it helps me pile it a down into simpler chunks for me to understand. I also go through tons of past papers.
(edited 4 years ago)
That text to speech sounds like a really good idea. Do you find it helps?
For history I made A3 posters about each topic and then tested myself on them, seeing how much I could remember.

For biology and chemistry I bought an A3 whiteboard and go through the spec one topic at a time with the textbooks and notes made throughout the year, making notes on important bits from memory and revising each part of the spec, and then do past paper questions at the end of each topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending