The Student Room Group

Predict your GCSE results:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Coolkitkat23
amazing! why is everyone so good at geography and english sksksksksksksksksksksksk

Its easy
thank you :colondollar: good luck to you too!!
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Good luck-your gonna smash them
DT 7
Maths 9
Further maths A^ (really hope)
English lit 6-7
English lang 8
Spanish 9
Physics 9
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Geography 8
Art 8/9 (Already got my mark)

This is quite optimistic - i’m not being cocky 😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 63
mine is:
maths: 5-6
french: 4-5
chemistry: 6
biology: 6
physics: 5
geography: 7
english lit: 5
english lang: 7
RE: 6-7

Not good at all...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mazenod
DT 7
Maths 9
Further maths A^ (really hope)
English lit 6-7
English lang 8
Spanish 9
Physics 9
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Geography 8
Art 8/9 (Already got my mark)

This is quite optimistic - i’m not being cocky 😂

Your not- Good luck :h:
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Your not- Good luck :h:

Thank you, you too 😃
Original post by SBizzy
mine is:
maths: 5-6
french: 4-5
english lit: 5
english lang: 7
RE: 6-7

Not good at all...

That’s amazing wdym? You’re doing better than most people in most subjects. Good luck with the rest of the exams.
Everything = U-
😭🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️
Everything = U-
😭🤦*♀️💔
Reply 69
Its shocking tbh, because I know i can do much better
Original post by Maximus 190
That’s amazing wdym? You’re doing better than most people in most subjects. Good luck with the rest of the exams.
Original post by SBizzy
Its shocking tbh, because I know i can do much better

It’s not shocking. Don’t put yourself down. What matters at the end of the day is if you work hard. If you didn’t work hard, then you should be disappointed in yourself but you can try harder in a levels. And when I say ‘work hard’ I don’t mean revise hours every night, I mean that you pay attention in lessons and get on with your homework etc.
You can always do better, but those grades are amazing and it wouldn’t really be any more beneficial to get better grades. Perfect GCSE’s only matter for Oxford or Cambridge admissions.

It’s also important to know that school and exams aren’t for everyone! Sometimes you just don’t perform well in exams, or you can’t pay attention in lessons. But there are other options, not everyone should go down the path of gaining qualifications like a levels and a university degree. Things like apprenticeships are perfect too, better than other options in many ways.
Religious Studies : 3(that's what I got predicted I did put some effort in the exam though hopefully, I passed honestly cba though)
Biology: 7 (flopped the second paper)
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 9
Italian: 7
English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Maths: 9
Further Maths: A*
Geography: 5
Computer Science: 9
history: 8
french: u
english literature: 5
english language: 6
maths: 6

I wish I did more revision
Original post by PyroVulpese
Religious Studies : 3(that's what I got predicted I did put some effort in the exam though hopefully, I passed honestly cba though)
Biology: 7 (flopped the second paper)
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 9
Italian: 7
English Lit: 6
English Lang: 7
Maths: 9
Further Maths: A*
Geography: 5
Computer Science: 9

That looks great! I admire that grade 7 in Latin! Wow! I suck at foreign languages, ended up dropping French GCSE as I just skipped all of the exams.
I take further maths (AQA) too, I’m hoping for an A*, even though I got an A^ in the mock, I will inevitably make a few silly mistakes and then I’ve dropped too many marks.
I found the biology (AQA) paper 2 hard as well, I didn’t do much revision which was silly. However I’m sure we both did better than we expect. I doubt you flopped the paper!
Original post by secret.user
history: 8
french: u
english literature: 5
english language: 6
maths: 6

I wish I did more revision

The U in French is too relatable, did you not turn up to the exams? I didn’t, but I contacted AQA and they said if I didn’t go to a single French exam then it wouldn’t be declared on the certificate.

Those grades are amazing though, very well balanced. An 8 in history is terrific! I’ve always struggled with history, although the questions and marking have been sub par so my grade has always been distorted in mocks. I am very interested to see what grade I got in the actual GCSE.
Good luck with the rest of the exams next week!
I went to the exams, but I'm so bad at languages, so I just guess everything. History is my favourite subject, so I normally find it alright. I bet you have done better than you think in history. I also really want to know what grades I got, as I'm probably going to be stressed all summer.

What do you want to do after GCSE's?

Good luck with your exams too x
The U in French is too relatable, did you not turn up to the exams? I didn’t, but I contacted AQA and they said if I didn’t go to a single French exam then it wouldn’t be declared on the certificate.

Those grades are amazing though, very well balanced. An 8 in history is terrific! I’ve always struggled with history, although the questions and marking have been sub par so my grade has always been distorted in mocks. I am very interested to see what grade I got in the actual GCSE.
Good luck with the rest of the exams next week!
Original post by secret.user
I went to the exams, but I'm so bad at languages, so I just guess everything. History is my favourite subject, so I normally find it alright. I bet you have done better than you think in history. I also really want to know what grades I got, as I'm probably going to be stressed all summer.

What do you want to do after GCSE's?

Good luck with your exams too x

Realistically for history I think I’ve managed to get a 7. Which is great for me since it’s always been one of my weakest subjects. I spent like 40 hours revising paper 1, and had no time for paper 2 but it went alright.

After GCSE’s I’m taking A-levels; maths, further maths, physics, geography. I was really exited, but I’m getting less excited and more scared that I’m going to suck at them as they get closer 😟
I’m super exited to meet new people, have new friends possibly. What are you doing after GCSE’s? A-levels too?
That's good about history, I don't know how you coped through 40 hours of history revision.

I want to do geography, history, chemistry and biology at A-level and I am also getting scared as they approach as I feel like my exams aren't going great and it's just going to get harder. I'm also scared about going to college as I won't know anyone there, but I need to get away from my high school and hopefully meet nice new people. How are the people at your school? (pm me if you want to talk)
Realistically for history I think I’ve managed to get a 7. Which is great for me since it’s always been one of my weakest subjects. I spent like 40 hours revising paper 1, and had no time for paper 2 but it went alright.

After GCSE’s I’m taking A-levels; maths, further maths, physics, geography. I was really exited, but I’m getting less excited and more scared that I’m going to suck at them as they get closer 😟
I’m super exited to meet new people, have new friends possibly. What are you doing after GCSE’s? A-levels too?
(edited 4 years ago)
maths:6
biology:7
physics:6
chemistry:6
english lit:7
english lang:8
history:6
rs:6
media:6
spanish:7
That looks great! I admire that grade 7 in Latin! Wow! I suck at foreign languages, ended up dropping French GCSE as I just skipped all of the exams.
I take further maths (AQA) too, I’m hoping for an A*, even though I got an A^ in the mock, I will inevitably make a few silly mistakes and then I’ve dropped too many marks.
I found the biology (AQA) paper 2 hard as well, I didn’t do much revision which was silly. However I’m sure we both did better than we expect. I doubt you flopped the paper!

I think you mean Italian? Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but I'm a fraud... Italian is sort of my native language I lived there until I was like 7... went to preschool and everything so speaking in it and listening and reading not a problem but then WRITING ohh well I screwed that one up real good midway through the test I realised I couldn't spell as well as I use to nor could I remember like basic vocab guess not speaking or writing in a language for nearly a decade can make your pretty rusty. I feel your pain when it comes to foreign languages though believe me it's pretty frustrating to think everyone gets's something but you sometimes and that can be real discouraging. I do OCR and no one, not even the people who are genuinely smart at the subject knew how to do the six marker so yeah hopefully the grade boundaries will plummet. Good luck with Further Maths I'm sure you'll get that A*!

Quick Reply

Latest