The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thank you, i understand they arent a performance car which isnt what i want right now, id rather just cruise around in the range then race around.
Original post by nevershear
They don't look too bad, but they're very low powered and don't have an insane amount of torque, it's worse than the drive from a Ford Kuga.

In terms of looking at it for you, without physically checking the vehicle I'm not even close to being in a position to tell you if it's a good shout.
The car is valued at 19.5k i believe which is a crazy amount, but it doesnt depreciate alot at all so in 4 years it will still be worth a hefty amount.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Whoah! You're buying a 2016 Evoque?! That's madness. That's a £15k to £17k car!

For sure they are nice, but in certain key respects they are worse than a 10+ year old Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5, Volvo XC90, BMW 330d or 530d, Audi Q7 etc etc etc. All of which can be bought for a LOT less money.

Having a nice car is great. But how about having a really nice car for like £5k or less instead of £15k or more?
As in let's be sensible in our choice of nice car and use our heads as well as our hearts in buying it. Instead of just using our hearts and losing our heads?
Reply 62
Original post by MrCole&Co
He said he will even black out the wheels for free which makes it look so much nicer.

Don't forget to declare this modification to your insurer.
You have to be joking, you're just going to look like a complete tool driving one of those at 18. I also assume you're financing - rule of thumb with cars is if you can't afford to buy it outright you shouldn't be driving it.
Spoke to dealership and insurance, its standard.
Original post by IWMTom
Don't forget to declare this modification to your insurer.
thats an idiotic rule that no one ever says, over 90% of high end cars are financed, thats a fact.
Original post by Stemstudies
You have to be joking, you're just going to look like a complete tool driving one of those at 18. I also assume you're financing - rule of thumb with cars is if you can't afford to buy it outright you shouldn't be driving it.
Just out of curiosity, how are you able to afford an expensive car like this at a young age? I'd appreciate your advice thanks
over 90% of high end cars are financed, thats a fact.

Source?

If we could be absolutely honest here; if you are paying £200 a month rent and are earning a halfway decent wage in the city, then without question your three main priorities should be:

1) Immediately max out your pension contributions
2) Start pumping money into some form of ISA
3) Investigate any sharesave scheme that your employer operates

IE. Anything other than paying 9% interest on a depreciating object and then p*****g away £3-5k on insurance per year.

But hey, just my 2 cents.
Reply 68
Spoke to dealership and insurance, its standard.

You're changing the colour of the wheels - that is declarable.
literally is me down to a T
spoke to my insurance, its koshe. your info is wrong
Original post by IWMTom
You're changing the colour of the wheels - that is declarable.
LLooll this is getting more suspect as time goes on. What Range Rover dealerships allowing a test drive under 25?? My families been buying Vogues from a dealership for ~10 years and they wouldn't allow any of us younger boys in the family to test drive anything until 25.
Why would age relate to anything?

If i am signing an agreement at 18 for a £20k car, do you really think i wont be allowed to test drive it?

What kind of planet are you on.
Original post by UrBusted
LLooll this is getting more suspect as time goes on. What Range Rover dealerships allowing a test drive under 25?? My families been buying Vogues from a dealership for ~10 years and they wouldn't allow any of us younger boys in the family to test drive anything until 25.
I have a full time job in the city, been working since i turnt 16.

If you put the hard work in, its not hard at all
Original post by motivatedmadman
Just out of curiosity, how are you able to afford an expensive car like this at a young age? I'd appreciate your advice thanks
Reply 74
spoke to my insurance, its koshe. your info is wrong

Now I really don't believe your story...
Why would age relate to anything?

If i am signing an agreement at 18 for a £20k car, do you really think i wont be allowed to test drive it?

What kind of planet are you on.

Have you ever even been to a dealership?? I proved funds to an Audi dealership and they wouldnt let me test drive an A3 above 1.6 due to their policy. Whilst my dad was getting a new S Class, I asked to "test drive" a c220 and wasn't allowed by a specific dealership, whilst allowed by a friend at Sytner. Dealerships have policies, I did make a mistake though, the dealership I was speaking about didnt allow it, but I asked the guy at Grange Range Rover now and he said I could test drive with 1 years of experience.
I have a full time job in the city, been working since i turnt 16.

I thought you were doing an apprenticeship?
Well, regardless of your own personal experience, i am allowed to test drive it, the dealership said come down view it and drive it.

i am not going to fork out on a big finance deal without driving it am i?

Come on, use your common sense
Original post by UrBusted
Have you ever even been to a dealership?? I proved funds to an Audi dealership and they wouldnt let me test drive an A3 above 1.6 due to their policy. Whilst my dad was getting a new S Class, I asked to "test drive" a c220 and wasn't allowed by a specific dealership, whilst allowed by a friend at Sytner. Dealerships have policies, I did make a mistake though, the dealership I was speaking about didnt allow it, but I asked the guy at Grange Range Rover now and he said I could test drive with 1 years of experience.
Was doing an apprenticeship when i was 16, not 16 anymore and the apprenticeship was only a year.

Stop trying to catch me out and offer some actual advice and help, im asking about insurance not what i do for work, none of that is your business so stick to the question and topic.
Original post by Admit-One
I thought you were doing an apprenticeship?
I gave you some very sound advice a few posts back but you chose to ignore it, that's your prerogative.
If you put the hard work in, its not hard at all

And I'm sorry, but this is massively disingenuous. You pay £200 a month rent.

I give up. Have fun upgrading from your moped and Corsa to the Evoque. I'm sure you'll love it.

Latest

Trending

Trending