The Student Room Group

GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
are you referring to department allocation or just results regarding the EAC?
Original post by steve98900
Anyone else still not heard back?
Results from the EAC, seems to be taking a long time
Original post by stxq
are you referring to department allocation or just results regarding the EAC?
Reply 42
Oh you too? Yeah its been weeks and I actually contacted the GES assistant in charge of this and she told me that apparently all the results were already sent out? She said she has since contacted the EAC to get back to her regarding the outcome but I'm not sure when to expect it since its dependent on how long the EAC side takes to respond. When was ur EAC?
Original post by steve98900
Results from the EAC, seems to be taking a long time
Nearly 3 weeks ago now, yeah I think I had the same conversation with her. Don't think we're likely to hear back at all at this rate.
Original post by stxq
Oh you too? Yeah its been weeks and I actually contacted the GES assistant in charge of this and she told me that apparently all the results were already sent out? She said she has since contacted the EAC to get back to her regarding the outcome but I'm not sure when to expect it since its dependent on how long the EAC side takes to respond. When was ur EAC?
Congrats if you already got an offer & Good luck if your waiting for the outcome. I think it will be nice to make a group chat for offer holders to discuss common things we may have related to the posting etc. Let me know if anyone is up for it or if there is already one please add me too!
(edited 4 years ago)
Sounds like a good idea Ben!
Original post by Ben Grant
Congrats if you already got an offer & Good luck if your waiting for the outcome. I think it will be nice to make a group chat for offer holders to discuss common things we may have related to the posting etc. Let me know if anyone is up for it or if there is already one please add me too!
Great, feel free to send me your numbers and i can make the group or I can send you mine.
Original post by Kbach234
Sounds like a good idea Ben!
Cheers for adding me Ben!

If any of the others would like to join the whatsapp group for people with Provisional department placements, message myself or Ben with your phone number and we'll add you to the group!
Have you heard back yet?
Original post by stxq
Just over 2 weeks ago I was told my department allocation is the home office and they will be in touch soon. Since then I haven’t heard anything. Has anyone heard since their department allocation? I don’t think I’ll actually believe I have a job until I sign a contract haha
Original post by hellogeorgia
Just over 2 weeks ago I was told my department allocation is the home office and they will be in touch soon. Since then I haven’t heard anything. Has anyone heard since their department allocation? I don’t think I’ll actually believe I have a job until I sign a contract haha

I'm in the same boat, got my provisional offer from DIT 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Also struggling to believe it's a reality!
Hey, what is DIT? International trade?
Original post by DoubleOG
I'm in the same boat, got my provisional offer from DIT 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Also struggling to believe it's a reality!
Original post by Kbach234
Hey, what is DIT? International trade? Btw we have a whatsapp group chat for people with Provisional department allocation. Inbox me of you'd like to join!

Yeah Department for International trade, heard back on Friday with some initial info, although still nothing too specific.
Reply 53
Hi all! I'm taking my EAC next week. I was wondering if you have any suggestion about what to revise for the interview and the short questions! Thanks and congrats to everyone! :smile:
Hi everyone! I also got an e-mail for DIT. How can I find the whatsapp group? Thanks!
Hi everyone,

I passed the EAC at the end of May and was allocated to the department for transport a couple of weeks later. I was going through the standard pre-employment checks, had given in ID documents and academic certificates and then was suddenly told that I was being reallocated to Defra.

I spoke to someone at Defra last week and they said they'd give more information regarding my post in about a weeks time, so I e-mailed them today and was told that a "wider vacancy review" is going on which means that it could take 6 weeks or longer to find out any more information.

I'm pretty confused now and am wondering if I'll ever get this job or if they're just gonna say they don't have enough posts to hire me anymore.

Has anyone else had this experience/ been allocated to Transport or Defra?
Reply 56
Original post by Shadow25
Hi everyone! I also got an e-mail for DIT. How can I find the whatsapp group? Thanks!

Hi!! I got an email for DIT too! Have you already heard from the HR? Also, can I be added to the whatsapp group too? Thanks :smile:
Original post by ari_22
Hi!! I got an email for DIT too! Have you already heard from the HR? Also, can I be added to the whatsapp group too? Thanks :smile:

Nope I have not heard back from HR but still waiting. Seems like the others disappeared after they got their results :P
Original post by BenjiDisraeli
Hi everyone,

I passed the EAC at the end of May and was allocated to the department for transport a couple of weeks later. I was going through the standard pre-employment checks, had given in ID documents and academic certificates and then was suddenly told that I was being reallocated to Defra.

I spoke to someone at Defra last week and they said they'd give more information regarding my post in about a weeks time, so I e-mailed them today and was told that a "wider vacancy review" is going on which means that it could take 6 weeks or longer to find out any more information.

I'm pretty confused now and am wondering if I'll ever get this job or if they're just gonna say they don't have enough posts to hire me anymore.

Has anyone else had this experience/ been allocated to Transport or Defra?

Hey, I was recently allocated to Defra and received the same email. All of the uncertainty is a bit frustrating, not knowing when we'll actually start, but hopefully things won't be held up for a really long period of time
Hey bit late on this but could somebody please add me to the group chat! Who do i message? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending