The Student Room Group

David Cameron is NOT a conservative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AnxiousAtypical
INow you’re getting the wrong end of stick. I’m aware of his late son’s condition. He allowed MPs representing just party to vote for disability cuts by £30 in 2016. I’m someone who’s on esa and pip. That’s why he’s hypocrite because of it.

First off, there's a distinction between ESA and PIP. ESA is an incapacity benefit. It's based on income or out-of-work status, much like JSA. They're two very, very different things. One (PIP) is about compensating for the costs of disability, one is about being out-of-work.
Reply 21
What a joke this post is.

DC was hard-right on the economy and wishy-washy on social issues. His government cut health and social care by spending by so much it led to the deaths of 120000 Britons who depended on the system for help. The DWP is participating in near-eugenics by cutting disability benefits to disabled people.

Sure, he was alright on social issues- his government allowed gay marriage as well as kept trans rights in protection. But keep in mind gay marriage was legalised in Spain in the 2000s! SPAIN!

Anyway he was terrible **** him
Reply 22
All those unreasonable repulsive Tory MPs that voted for the cuts should ashamed of themselves. David Cameron and Theresa May didn’t bother voting but if they did then they would’ve voted for the cuts. The only former Tory MP and former Change Uk leader that voted against was Heidi Allen. Thousands of disabled and terminally ill people have commit or attempted suicide.

Not sure if this is entirely true, I know Iain Duncan Smith resigned as a minister because he could not accept these disability cuts.
David Cameron calls himself ‘one nation conservative’? I have no idea what that means
David Cameron calls himself ‘one nation conservative’? I have no idea what that means

It's just waffle mate, listen to the list of candidates for TM's job. You need an interpretation for half of it, just dribble.

one nation is the strand of conservatism that the conservative party adopted after ww2. basically was about intervention in economy to ensure growth and recovery. made the party move slightly more toward the centre until Maggie Thatcher
Original post by Prussianxo
one nation is the strand of conservatism that the conservative party adopted after ww2. basically was about intervention in economy to ensure growth and recovery. made the party move slightly more toward the centre until Maggie Thatcher

What you are referring to is Keynesian economics. It came to an end in the early 1970s with Milton Friedman and monetarism.

Thatcher followed Friedman and also Manchester Liberalism of the 19th century.
Reply 27
Original post by Arran90
What you are referring to is Keynesian economics. It came to an end in the early 1970s with Milton Friedman and monetarism.

Thatcher followed Friedman and also Manchester Liberalism of the 19th century.

And... It's back in the economy we live in today. Both David Cameron and Theresa May are one-nation conservatives and have adopted keynesian economics again, which pushed them closer to the centre than Thatcher was, and over the past 9 years the conservative party has slowly left the idea of Thatcher and the New Right behind
Original post by rarf
And... It's back in the economy we live in today. Both David Cameron and Theresa May are one-nation conservatives and have adopted keynesian economics again, which pushed them closer to the centre than Thatcher was, and over the past 9 years the conservative party has slowly left the idea of Thatcher and the New Right behind

I wonder why...
Reply 29
I wonder why...

If you're wondering why; it's mainly because of 2 factors.

1. Everyone saw how Thatcher treated her cabinet, and how it backfired on her.
2. During the New Labour years (1997-2010) Tony Blair brought the party further to the centre, collecting more of the vote from middle class voters who worked in public sectors, such as teachers and doctors, as they were closely tied with trade unions. So as a reaction, the Conservative Party gravitated to the centre also, to maintain the fight against Labour.
Original post by rarf
If you're wondering why; it's mainly because of 2 factors.

1. Everyone saw how Thatcher treated her cabinet, and how it backfired on her.
2. During the New Labour years (1997-2010) Tony Blair brought the party further to the centre, collecting more of the vote from middle class voters who worked in public sectors, such as teachers and doctors, as they were closely tied with trade unions. So as a reaction, the Conservative Party gravitated to the centre also, to maintain the fight against Labour.

I know why. it was sarcasm
Reply 31
I know why. it was sarcasm

Don't really see how sarcasm fit into my original post but sure looooool
Original post by rarf
Don't really see how sarcasm fit into my original post but sure looooool

because I put "I wonder why..." in response to why the conservative party moved away from the New Right.

even though I knew why because it was sarcasm

you then proceeded to tell me why.
David Cameron claims to be “compassionate moderate sensible conservative” and he may campaigned as a conservative to manipulate the working class but he governed as liberal.

Labour voters hate him for not being far left enough but in reality he’s still more left than right since he’s pro-choice, open border, high taxes, big government, made his party more green friendly, campaigned for rending in the EU, opposes WTO and a he’s a globalist.

David Cameron is the reason why The Conservative Party is no longer conservative now it’s highjacked by career seeking fake conservative sellouts like Theresa May, Phillip Hammond, Jeremy Hunt, Amber Rudd, Sajid Javid, Rory Stewart, Nick Boles, Anna Soubry

He does like a good Hog Roast if ya know what i mean
I’m a huge fan of Enoch Powell.

He was probably one of the sharpest political minds that we will ever see and possibly even one of the greatest men this century, the sad thing is even the worst nightmares he saw pale in comparison to what actually is going on now.
Reply 35
because I put "I wonder why..." in response to why the conservative party moved away from the New Right.

even though I knew why because it was sarcasm

you then proceeded to tell me why.

Yeh ik it was sarcasm now, I thought prior it was unnecessary, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt
Original post by AperfectBalance
He was probably one of the sharpest political minds that we will ever see and possibly even one of the greatest men this century, the sad thing is even the worst nightmares he saw pale in comparison to what actually is going on now.

imagine worshipping a racist
imagine worshipping a racist

He was not a racist, he appriciated cultures that deserved appreciation and even said he admired the indians, just that one does not wish to wake up and see India in London, just as someone may not want India to become too westernized. He learned many languages and have the utmost respect for many other cultures.
Original post by AperfectBalance
He was not a racist, he appriciated cultures that deserved appreciation and even said he admired the indians, just that one does not wish to wake up and see India in London, just as someone may not want India to become too westernized. He learned many languages and have the utmost respect for many other cultures.

do you know what the rivers of blood speech was actually in response to. it was the race relations act 1968. he didn't like the idea of races being treated fairly in terms of employment and housing. if that's not a racist I dunno what is
Original post by ChrisW99
He's at the liberal end for sure.

Rees Mogg is what we need.

The man who is supporting Boris Johnson? The man with six children who has never changed a nappy?

Quick Reply