The Student Room Group

Muslim girl: I want a boyfriend but I don't

Scroll to see replies

Oh my god! Are you my long lost twin or something. I’ve literally been thinking the same for months, except the one where are a boy would like me because I’m ugly 😂
However, regarding your question, despite me wanting a boyfriend really bad, I would choose to not date/have a boyfriend because the obvious reasons are, my parents trust me so I’m not going to break their trust, plus if I get one without anyone knowing, Allah (SWT) would be watching me and I would be judged based on that
Also I am not trying to force my opinion at anyone, so I’m sorry if anyone doesn’t like what I say
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an 18 year old muslim girl. I wear the hijab and am religious. I take my religion seriously and i plan to abide by the rules. However, sometimes I just wish I had a boyfriend or was in a relationship. It's difficult because i do get male attention and I've been very close to just caving in. Especially since recently this guy I like broke up with his girlfriend for me (even though he knows very well I'm not allowed to date). Likewise, I like to take care of myself and I work out and eat well so I'm pretty fit and have abs so I wish I could share or show someone lol

any advice or can anyone relate?
(edited 4 years ago)
back at ya sister :smile:. Yeah i totally relate, I feel like the hijab is actually quite a lewk and looks v. cute
high five girl! i never take my hijab off going out because i’m afraid of people gossiping about me because everyone associates my ethnicity with islam. me too. sometimes i feel prettier in it but sometimes my hair looks good af
Reply 22
Sorry I presented that very weirdly. I have a lot of personal experience with this exact topic and I have seen first hand the different ways it can go and I think you would really benefit from hearing the experiences. Anyway I'm not bothering u or pressuring you, just let me know if you'd like me to tell you about it :smile:

Original post by Djdmdmd
Pm me, just make a junk account to do it if you like, no need to do it on your main account if you are not comfortable.

I'm on a junk account myself. I have some info though that I think will be extremely useful to you (dw I'm not a religious preacher nor am I religious, just hear me out)
yeah i'm planning too! The futures looking bright :wink:
Original post by Fermion.
I’m not religious in anyway shape or form. But honestly you need to focus on your career and education. Boys at this age are only distracting and not in it for the long run. :smile:
U haram child
may allah guide you
astaghfirullah x1000
for even having such thoughts
since he broke up for u implies something even though he knows you arent allowed to
u haram child
i bet youre BEAUTIFUL :wink:
Yeah, I really really care about my relationship with Allah and I don't want to disappoint my parents either. I guess this is a test from Allah and I'm going to have to be mentally strong x
Original post by confuseddddd
Oh my god! Are you my long lost twin or something. I’ve literally been thinking the same for months, except the one where are a boy would like me because I’m ugly 😂
However, regarding your question, despite me wanting a boyfriend really bad, I would choose to not date/have a boyfriend because the obvious reasons are, my parents trust me so I’m not going to break their trust, plus if I get one without anyone knowing, Allah (SWT) would be watching me and I would be judged based on that
Thats a secondary reason tru dat.
Tbf its girls that r distracting in most cases from others ik
Original post by anonymous
yeah i'm planning too! The futures looking bright :wink:
I relate 100% and it's so irritating when we get backlash for saying something like that like we are human beings, we have desires too but when I even think about any potential guy, I realise no one's worthy for me to sin like that. I've had guys ask me out, ask me to marry them like literally the works but honestly, I know the kind of guy that I want to end up with and I'm not going to find him in a haraam manner. Allah doesn't bless a marriage that's haraam from the start unless you both repent.
I'm an 18 year old muslim girl. I wear the hijab and am religious. I take my religion seriously and i plan to abide by the rules. However, sometimes I just wish I had a boyfriend or was in a relationship. It's difficult because i do get male attention and I've been very close to just caving in. Especially since recently this guy I like broke up with his girlfriend for me (even though he knows very well I'm not allowed to date). Likewise, I like to take care of myself and I work out and eat well so I'm pretty fit and have abs so I wish I could share or show someone lol

any advice or can anyone relate?
So ur gonna blank me
Really appreciate it i gave you the correct advice. Ill say it again
dont even think about having such thoughts
Reply 30
That guy sounds a bit thick to be honest. You can tell what someone is like from the way they just jump ship like that.
Original post by anonymous
i bet youre beautiful :wink:
yeah, i really really care about my relationship with allah and i don't want to disappoint my parents either. I guess this is a test from allah and i'm going to have to be mentally strong x

running away from the truth i see cuz ik you wont want to follow my plain advice
whats the point in asking when you wont listen to advice
YOU SEE, THINK ABOUT IT. HOW DO YOU SHINE BLACK ON A WHITE BOARD PROJECTOR. YOU DONT. IT LOOKS BLACK BUT IT IS IN FACT WHITE. COUPLE THAT WITH THE NEWTONS THIRD LAW FOR EVERY REACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPISITE REACTION. THIS CAN BE INDIRECTLY IMPLIED HERE AND EXPLAINS WHY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DATE

running away from the truth i see cuz ik you wont want to follow my plain advice
whats the point in asking when you wont listen to advice

(please dont be a haram child)
I might have smiled at him or something but astaghfirullah I would never do anything promiscuous or haram; boys seem to think a simple smile and now I'm in love with them :frown:. I can't control how he feels, humans have free will. InshaAllah I want more guidance and I'm actually actively tryna quell these thoughts.
U haram child
may allah guide you
astaghfirullah x1000
for even having such thoughts
since he broke up for u implies something even though he knows you arent allowed to
u haram child
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I relate 100% and it's so irritating when we get backlash for saying something like that like we are human beings, we have desires too but when I even think about any potential guy, I realise no one's worthy for me to sin like that. I've had guys ask me out, ask me to marry them like literally the works but honestly, I know the kind of guy that I want to end up with and I'm not going to find him in a haraam manner. Allah doesn't bless a marriage that's haraam from the start unless you both repent.

ameen
why ON THE GOOD GREEN EARTH
would he break up with whoever, when he knows that nothing can ever happen bewteen u assuming u made that clear
(Original post by Anonymous)
I might have smiled at him or something but astaghfirullah I would never do anything promiscuous or haram; boys seem to think a simple smile and now I'm in love with them :frown:. I can't control how he feels, humans have free will. InshaAllah I want more guidance and I'm actually actively tryna quell these thoughts.
kithana b is dat you?
YOU SEE, THINK ABOUT IT. HOW DO YOU SHINE BLACK ON A WHITE BOARD PROJECTOR. YOU DONT. IT LOOKS BLACK BUT IT IS IN FACT WHITE. COUPLE THAT WITH THE NEWTONS THIRD LAW FOR EVERY REACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPISITE REACTION. THIS CAN BE INDIRECTLY IMPLIED HERE AND EXPLAINS WHY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DATE

(please dont be a haram child)
haha yess he went fully nuclear lool. Someones a bit needy for attention lol...
Original post by UWS
That guy sounds a bit thick to be honest. You can tell what someone is like from the way they just jump ship like that.
if i knew i would tell you. Mate i aint a mind reader, boys are confusing af
why ON THE GOOD GREEN EARTH
would he break up with whoever, when he knows that nothing can ever happen bewteen u assuming u made that clear
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thats a secondary reason tru dat.
Tbf its girls that r distracting in most cases from others ik

yeah i guess so, probs all the testosterone increasing sex drive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending