The Student Room Group

Guys that pop up and ignore

Can someone please shine some light on why guys will be having a convo with you n then for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON open and not reply to the message mid conversation?¿? But they’ll keep popping up at later dates and trying to talk to you...?? Honestly I’m lost.
That’s a good question, they most likely got bored by the conversation or got distracted half way through. I’ve done this a few times tbh, I don’t really know why myself, if the conversation is interesting enough it won’t happen though
pretty much he ghosted you to go and talk to some other girls. and when it didn't work out with her they came crawling back to you

yes that IS how selfish men are. and yet they have the audacity to get offended when a woman uses them or plays with them
Reply 3
Original post by Monikayoungyh
That’s a good question, they most likely got bored by the conversation or got distracted half way through. I’ve done this a few times tbh, I don’t really know why myself, if the conversation is interesting enough it won’t happen though

But he initiated the convo I’m not a dead replier I have convos with boys that go on for ages he makes no sense😑
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
pretty much he ghosted you to go and talk to some other girls. and when it didn't work out with her they came crawling back to you

yes that IS how selfish men are. and yet they have the audacity to get offended when a woman uses them or plays with them

Makes sense tbf😂 cheers x
Reply 5

How did you manage to make that leap?

It seems you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by Kaaaylaaa
Can someone please shine some light on why guys will be having a convo with you n then for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON open and not reply to the message mid conversation?¿? But they’ll keep popping up at later dates and trying to talk to you...?? Honestly I’m lost.

you are lost because you have not realised yet that when he does that it is because he is not really interested in you as a person but is hoping to get something!
Guys have 0 focus. They get distracted easily. It’s so draining.
Original post by Fermion.

What you mean we have plenty of
Ye i can vouch for them we just most the time cba with this if ygm its tiring

🅱ig generalisation
guys do this to me because i start to get really weird and say weird stuff. only friends tho. wouldn’t accept my partner doing this
I’ve had this happen before times where the guy would literally message me 10 times in a row, I would finally respond, he would ask me out, one hour before we are meant to meet he’d come up with a BS reason like ‘it’s too cold outside’ and cancel. I’d then ignore him, rinse and repeat with him messaging me several times until I finally respond, ask me out, cancel for BS reason last minute. I found it very odd and questioned myself as to whether he had mental issues. I ended up blocking him and never responding to him again.

I think if a guy is truly interested he would make sure to respond to you. If he ghosts the convo I would just never respond to him again, but that’s just me.
Reply 13
We’re not even trying to get into a relationship tho we’re friends and I’m pretty sure he has a gf
Reply 14
Original post by Johndoeskitty
I’ve had this happen before times where the guy would literally message me 10 times in a row, I would finally respond, he would ask me out, one hour before we are meant to meet he’d come up with a BS reason like ‘it’s too cold outside’ and cancel. I’d then ignore him, rinse and repeat with him messaging me several times until I finally respond, ask me out, cancel for BS reason last minute. I found it very odd and questioned myself as to whether he had mental issues. I ended up blocking him and never responding to him again.

I think if a guy is truly interested he would make sure to respond to you. If he ghosts the convo I would just never respond to him again, but that’s just me.

Ok tbh I think I will because it’s almost every convo we have I can be assured that at some point he’s just gonna ignore me and I’m not tryna look like a mug🙄 thanks x
Reply 15
Original post by Fermion.

No. You are getting things twisted. Guys have 100 per cent focus when they are into you and 0 focus when they are not. You just have to learn the difference between the two types! And it is not that difficult especially if you don't try to "make" a guy like you! If a guy thinks you are single and the finest most attractive person he has ever seen- what do you think his focus will be like?
Reply 16
You probs give dead replies like most girls.
Reply 17
Original post by Kaaaylaaa
Ok tbh I think I will because it’s almost every convo we have I can be assured that at some point he’s just gonna ignore me and I’m not tryna look like a mug🙄 thanks x

Just remember this: Ghosters should always be permanently ghosted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending