The Student Room Group

Is clearing or adjustment faster?

Hi, I have a firm offer at UWE but changed my mind shortly after applying and ever since my mind has almost been set on going to Leeds. Does anyone know if clearing or adjustment is faster? Im more than to try clearing instead if its faster so i dont get the bottom of the pile in terms of accomodation etc. Thanks in advance!
Which is faster depends on how geared up Leeds is to arrange places via that route.

Is there any situation where you would be happy going to UWE? If not then it’s simpler to be placed into clearing before results day. If you’re not eligible for adjustment then getting placed into clearing after results can delay things a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Which is faster depends on how geared up Leeds is to arrange places via that route.

Is there any situation where you would be happy going to UWE? If not then it’s simpler to be placed into clearing before results day. If you’re not eligible for adjustment then getting placed into clearing after results can delay things a bit.

Yeah for sure, id be more than happy to go to UWE but i feel like at this point im making it harder for myself as im gonna miss the accomodation deadline for UWE cuz theres no point booking when i wanna go to Leeds etc. Thats why im conflicted really :/
Original post by Luke9380
Yeah for sure, id be more than happy to go to UWE but i feel like at this point im making it harder for myself as im gonna miss the accomodation deadline for UWE cuz theres no point booking when i wanna go to Leeds etc. Thats why im conflicted really :/

Check the small print for accommodation at UWE - often you can get out of the contract if you don't go to the university
Neither is faster it is essentially the same process. On results day call UWE to release you into clearing then call Leeds clearing hotline. They may ask you to do a phone interview or an actual interview depending on the course, but usually neither is required.I think clearing starts in july, so from then you will be able to check whether leeds has space on their course (they probs will). It is deffo worth sorting uwe accommodation tho as a back up. As long as you dont pay the deposit, or sign a contract, you wont be losing anything
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by annanas45
Neither is faster it is essentially the same process. On results day call UWE to release you into clearing then call Leeds clearing hotline. They may ask you to do a phone interview or an actual interview depending on the course, but usually neither is required.I think clearing starts in july, so from then you will be able to check whether leeds has space on their course (they probs will). It is deffo worth sorting uwe accommodation tho as a back up. As long as you dont pay the deposit, or sign a contract, you wont be losing anything

There's no need to call UWE to arrange a release - UCAS are making that self service this year.

But it still isn't possible to add a clearing choice on Track until 3pm
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Check the small print for accommodation at UWE - often you can get out of the contract if you don't go to the university

Yeah but I wont get my deposit back which i cant really afford to just lose 3 months of rent like that
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending