The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I may have a good job for my age, but come on that word has fried my brain.

Why does paying £200 a month make me disingenuous

I will, cant wait to crash it :smile:
Original post by Admit-One
I gave you some very sound advice a few posts back but you chose to ignore it, that's your prerogative.

And I'm sorry, but this is massively disingenuous. You pay £200 a month rent.

I give up. Have fun upgrading from your moped and Corsa to the Evoque. I'm sure you'll love it.
Original post by MrCole&Co
Well, regardless of your own personal experience, i am allowed to test drive it, the dealership said come down view it and drive it.

i am not going to fork out on a big finance deal without driving it am i?

Come on, use your common sense

Looll thats fine bro. Why are you tryna be so derogatory though?? The soon to be mine golf costs around the same as the evoque and I didn't test drive it. I can say the same for a lot of my friends.
I am not trying to be derogartory, but when the majority of replies to my simple question are just negative calling me a liar and all that i am not going to be in a good mood when responding to peoples replies.

It really isnt that impossbile to afford a range rover on finance, the isnurance is probably the more impossible thing but i have that sorted.

Your golf will depreciate a lot quicker though thats why i went for a range, common cars like fiestas, golfs, ibizas etc brand new may be 16k-18k, 2 years down the line they wont be half that.
Original post by UrBusted
Looll thats fine bro. Why are you tryna be so derogatory though?? The soon to be mine golf costs around the same as the evoque and I didn't test drive it. I can say the same for a lot of my friends.
I am not trying to be derogartory, but when the majority of replies to my simple question are just negative calling me a liar and all that i am not going to be in a good mood when responding to peoples replies.

It really isnt that impossbile to afford a range rover on finance, the isnurance is probably the more impossible thing but i have that sorted.

Your golf will depreciate a lot quicker though thats why i went for a range, common cars like fiestas, golfs, ibizas etc brand new may be 16k-18k, 2 years down the line they wont be half that.

Its gonna be worth like 12k in 2-3 years when I sell it. Its my first car so its going to get dinged etc, its just for driving to and from the station and just general chilling. The range is a good idea in that concept but I'd have rather have gone for the other options suggested earlier by someone. Just chill and when you get the car, post pics and no one will doubt you anymore as long as theres nothing dodgy about it lol.
fine by me, when i get it next month, check the forum and you will see the new range.
Its gonna be worth like 12k in 2-3 years when I sell it. Its my first car so its going to get dinged etc, its just for driving to and from the station and just general chilling. The range is a good idea in that concept but I'd have rather have gone for the other options suggested earlier by someone. Just chill and when you get the car, post pics and no one will doubt you anymore as long as theres nothing dodgy about it lol.
Please tell me how he got insured on a RS4!! I made a deal dependent on grades to be allowed to drive a car, but its insurance group is 46 and no ones willing to insure me until 20, by which point the car will be long gone.

I have no idea how much he payed but afaik it wasn’t something unreasonable but it was pricey. I think like 4K. He paid for it himself which made it better I think as he’s not relying on someone else to cough up big bucks for his insurance.

I have heard of a driving instructor who forked out 10k to insure an Impreza wrx for his son which was ridiculous both in the price and the whole idea of paying 10k to insure a 4K car.

If you can’t get insured by yourself try putting your parents down as a named driver or reducing the miles you do. If you can’t get insured then you cant get insured. You can do some tricks but that’s only if you have an initial quote. In my experience you can get insured on cars up to group 20 from 17-19 and then up to 30 from 19-20 and anything higher is pretty much a no go. There are exceptions for some people who can get insured on higher insurance group cars but they usually have been driving since 17 and have 2-3 years no claims built up. If it’s a performance car you may be **** out of luck.

What car is it if you don’t mind me asking?
The car is valued at 19.5k i believe which is a crazy amount, but it doesnt depreciate alot at all so in 4 years it will still be worth a hefty amount.

The price you'll get as a private seller will be lower than what a dealer would sell it for. That's one of the sucky things about selling cars.

If you keep up with all the ding repairs (or miraculously don't get any scrapes or parking bumps) and if you have a nice service history and take a lot of care with rips etc on the interior, you'll be able to sell it for about £9.5k in 4 years time. That's a £10,000 loss in depreciation. Which is bonkers. It's money spent that you will never get back.
And then you have the interest on the huge loan you'll be taking out.

Compare that to buying a still very nice older car for £1k to £5k.

Also, check out Auto Trader. 2016 Evoques. £19.5k seems like rip-off pricing for that model at that age.
Stop talking nonesense, i am asking for simple advice on insurance, stop trying to catch me out and put negative points against the car.

The car is a range rover, not your average hatchback, it doesnt depreciate much at all, the car in 4 years will be atleast £15k.

Cheapest 2016 evoque on autotrader is 17.3k and that is with stupidly high mileage, also not every car for sale is finance available.

Stop talking unless you have actual useful info.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
The price you'll get as a private seller will be lower than what a dealer would sell it for. That's one of the sucky things about selling cars.

If you keep up with all the ding repairs (or miraculously don't get any scrapes or parking bumps) and if you have a nice service history and take a lot of care with rips etc on the interior, you'll be able to sell it for about £9.5k in 4 years time. That's a £10,000 loss in depreciation. Which is bonkers. It's money spent that you will never get back.
And then you have the interest on the huge loan you'll be taking out.

Compare that to buying a still very nice older car for £1k to £5k.

Also, check out Auto Trader. 2016 Evoques. £19.5k seems like rip-off pricing for that model at that age.
Reply 88
the car in 4 years will be atleast £15k.

No it won't.
Cheapest 2016 evoque on autotrader is 17.3k

No it isn't.
Why wont it? How low do you think a range will depreciate to, its a range rover in white, a very high end and appealing status car, this model and brand does not go down in value easily.

At the time i commented, it was 17.3k, now the cheapest one is 100k+ mileage and is ruined, no one will buy that

Then the next is 17k and is a Cat S

Then its 17.3k with 50K+ mileage.

Stop trying to win this battle, im asking simple questions so give me simple answers.

Original post by IWMTom
No it won't.

No it isn't.
Reply 90
Why wont it? How low do you think a range will depreciate to, its a range rover in white, a very high end and appealing status car, this model and brand does not go down in value easily.

At the time i commented, it was 17.3k, now the cheapest one is 100k+ mileage and is ruined, no one will buy that

Stop trying to win this battle, im asking simple questions so give me simple answers.

There are 8 meeting the criteria below 17.3k, with 6 of them being below 17k.

It's easy to check how much it'll depreciate by - look at a 2012 model.

Survey says.... 11-12k.

Simple enough for you moped boi?
Dont even own a moped. and its amusing to see that your calling me a boy when i am the one making moves like financing a range rover when you clearly just spend your days on a forum trying to win arguments.

Well, the ones being below 17k that your talking about are not around london, london cars will hold more value and that is just simple facts, if i went to wales i could get any car i want cheaper than if i went to London.

Start saving Thomas, that mortgage wont be cheap
Original post by IWMTom
There are 8 meeting the criteria below 17.3k, with 6 of them being below 17k.

It's easy to check how much it'll depreciate by - look at a 2012 model.

Survey says.... 11-12k.

Simple enough for you moped boi?
Reply 92
Dont even own a moped. and its amusing to see that your calling me a boy when i am the one making moves like financing a range rover when you clearly just spend your days on a forum trying to win arguments.

Well, the ones being below 17k that your talking about are not around london, london cars will hold more value and that is just simple facts, if i went to wales i could get any car i want cheaper than if i went to London.

Start saving Thomas, that mortgage wont be cheap

Right.. another story change..

How you think you have any credibility is beyond me..
Guarantor, i can be 18 and finance it :smile:

Jealousy is an evil thing thomas

Original post by IWMTom
Right.. another story change..

How you think you have any credibility is beyond me..
Reply 94
Guarantor, i can be 18 and finance it :smile:

Jealousy is an evil thing thomas

Oh good god you don't even know what the word credibility means...
I know what it means, and i gave you an example of why what im saying is true.

Enjoy your crappy golf :smile:
Original post by IWMTom
Oh good god you don't even know what the word credibility means...
Reply 96
I know what it means, and i gave you an example of why what im saying is true.

Enjoy your crappy golf :smile:

Can't wait for your next thread where you've crashed it into a ditch xx
Oh well, still can say ive owned a range at 18 :smile:
Original post by IWMTom
Can't wait for your next thread where you've crashed it into a ditch xx

Sorry bro but a Range Rover Evoque is neither high end, nor 'appealing status' car. It is, however, nicer than roughly new cars for the same price.
Reply 99
Oh well, still can say ive owned a range at 18 :smile: You peasant.

There's absolutely no need for that sort of language.

I could just as easily finance a Range Rover the same as you supposedly could.. but why would I want to?

I get good fuel economy with plenty of grunt for UK roads, my insurance is dirt cheap, I get plenty of tech, my RFL is free, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain.

Moreover, I actually own my car and I'm not paying exorbitant amounts of interest!

But sure, you keep up your small **** energy :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending