The Student Room Group

Grades too low and i'm losing hope.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I can't even get 2 Bs and a C.
Original post by aq.beautyxx
lol unis will accept u even for BBB just make your personal statement banging
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Make your personal statement really good like REALLY GOOD. Most unis will likely take you on because of that.

It's very unusual for a PS to make any difference to an applicant's chances of an offer for a course like Psychology.
well I'm only speaking from experience
Original post by PQ
It's very unusual for a PS to make any difference to an applicant's chances of an offer for a course like Psychology.
well I'm only speaking from experience

unless you're admissions staff for a psychology course then you're not speaking from relevant experience.
lol ok then ffs, the OP said they were losing hope so I said what worked for me. I may not do psychology but I'm only trying to help.
Original post by PQ
unless you're admissions staff for a psychology course then you're not speaking from relevant experience.
lol ok then ffs, the OP said they were losing hope so I said what worked for me. I may not do psychology but I'm only trying to help.

My point is that as an applicant you don't know whether your PS had any impact on your offer/rejection.
Ok but I do know that my personal statement had an impact bc I was told numerous times
Original post by PQ
My point is that as an applicant you don't know whether your PS had any impact on your offer/rejection.
Ok but I do know that my personal statement had an impact bc I was told numerous times

Wow really? Which university told you that?
QMUL and King's
Original post by PQ
Wow really? Which university told you that?
QMUL and King's

Admissions from QMUL and Kings told you that you only got an offer because your PS was good? Did they really say that with a less good PS you would have been rejected?
Use your mock results to push your study habits further to achieve those grades for AS levels you want.

I'm confused don't you get predictions for uni in early year 13? I got BCDD in my AS level mocks, but got AAAC in my final AS Levels. I tried my best to redress the situation and that helped me in my year 13 predictions.

Its hard in your first year of A Levels trying to grasp the work and the academic level you're now working at, but you can do it!
No not like that but the two lecturers that interviewed me at QMUL mentioned more about my personal statement than grades. My grades were lower than what I needed for King's and I was told that I got in because my personal statement stood out. And that's all I'm talking about it.
Original post by PQ
Admissions from QMUL and Kings told you that you only got an offer because your PS was good? Did they really say that with a less good PS you would have been rejected?
No not like that but the two lecturers that interviewed me at QMUL mentioned more about my personal statement than grades. My grades were lower than what I needed for King's and I was told that I got in because my personal statement stood out. And that's all I'm talking about it.

You're talking about universities and courses that make offers to 90% of applicants. They only reject applicants with not enough A levels or with a PS that's talking about a completely different subject! Of course they talk about your PS at interview - talking about grades isn't really a very interesting conversation:smile:
Original post by AbiAbi_Abi
I'm currently in year 12 and i take the subjects Biology, Business Studies and product design. I recently became interested in psychology and i want to do that in the future. Thankfully only one science is needed so i am able to do it. However i just received my mocks results which is CDD and my predictions which will be sent to uni which is BBB. I'm really disappointed in my self and feel like giving up. I want to go to a great uni where the psychology course is good however many of the uni's requirements are ABB and higher and my school won't boost my predictions. I don't know any good universities which entry requirements BBB and i'm losing hope. What happens if i get better grades in a-level, what do i do? Please help me or give me some advice. Thank you.

i mean what you can do is do your alevels, work really hard by staying up and waking up by getting your parents to wake you up really early (the earlier, the more hardworking you are) and get all A*s. then take a gap year and apply to uni. you can get into cambridge which is the best uni in the UK and ensures you will get a high salray beco other unis will make you not get a job since unemployment for it is high as it is quite an inconsequentail career. so yeah look over this and this is the truth - i am a careers advisor
Our school said our predicted grades will be sent to uni and those grades are based of mocks. We also don't do AS level so we choose three subjects and stick with them. I hope my grades will change y13. Thank you x
Original post by MJlover
Use your mock results to push your study habits further to achieve those grades for AS levels you want.

I'm confused don't you get predictions for uni in early year 13? I got BCDD in my AS level mocks, but got AAAC in my final AS Levels. I tried my best to redress the situation and that helped me in my year 13 predictions.

Its hard in your first year of A Levels trying to grasp the work and the academic level you're now working at, but you can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest