The Student Room Group

A-level Edexecel - Rebellion and disorder under the Tudors, 1485–1603

Hi everyone, I currently am studying Rebellion and disorder under the Tudors, 1485–1603 for my paper 3, however, I can't seem to find any good revision notes to use. I've tried using the textbook, but I've found that to be full of waffle. I also tried using the condensed book from Amazon but I feel as if that misses out on key information at times. Does anyone have any notes or resources worth, it would be greatly appreciated!
Anyone have any predictions for the exam on Wednesday?
I feel like Mary Queen of Scots will come up bc the movie came out and that's what my history teacher has been saying for time
Original post by _sianapundick
I think Kett will come up
Thanks for the predictions. Just checking for Section C will there always always be one essay on central government and one essay on local government? So I can focus on one and avoid the other?
Thanks for the predictions. Just checking for Section C will there always always be one essay on central government and one essay on local government? So I can focus on one and avoid the other?

That’s usually the case. But sometimes they overlap so be careful
Does anyone have the questions for last years tudors paper?
Okay thank you and good luck tomorrow!
Original post by Esterella
That’s usually the case. But sometimes they overlap so be careful
2018 Exam

Section A:
Assess the value of the source for revealing the extent of the threat posed by the
rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.
Explain your answer, using the source, the information given about its origin and your own knowledge about the historical context.

Section B:
‘Henry VIII’s religious changes were not seriously threatened in the years 1533–37.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
‘The causes of the revolt of the northern earls were primarily political.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?

Section C:
‘The re-establishment of the Council of the North in 1537 was the most significant development in involving the localities in governance in the years 1485–1603’. How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
How far do you agree that the Crown steadily increased control over the Church throughout the years 1485–1603?
Original post by hannahdeacon
Does anyone have the questions for last years tudors paper?

I can see Kett's rebellion coming up as a source and Tyrone's rebellion and Henry VII/Henry VIII coming up in Section B. Not sure about Section C though.
Thank you! Hopefully this means no Tyrone’s rebellion thank god
2018 Exam

Section A:
Assess the value of the source for revealing the extent of the threat posed by the
rebels and the nature of Elizabeth I’s response to the Tyrone Rebellion.
Explain your answer, using the source, the information given about its origin and your own knowledge about the historical context.

Section B:
‘Henry VIII’s religious changes were not seriously threatened in the years 1533–37.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
‘The causes of the revolt of the northern earls were primarily political.’ How far do you agree with this judgement?

Section C:
‘The re-establishment of the Council of the North in 1537 was the most significant development in involving the localities in governance in the years 1485–1603’. How far do you agree with this judgement?
OR
How far do you agree that the Crown steadily increased control over the Church throughout the years 1485–1603?
Original post by hannahdeacon
Thank you! Hopefully this means no Tyrone’s rebellion thank god

It could still come up as a knowledge q- but you can dodge it then
How did people find the exam?
It was alright, just ran out of energy by the last question. Tudors is quite boring.

What were the questions?
Reply 15
Original post by Alyssamilroy
What were the questions?

Did you ever get the questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending