The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did Weimar and Nazi Germany and it went really well!
Reply 2
Yeah I heard your paper was pretty good
You're so lucky you got to do Nazi Germany, I would've much preferred that
I'm glad history's over now though
Original post by n_j_2002
I did Weimar and Nazi Germany and it went really well!
who did Russia and Soviet Union
Reply 4
Never heard of that being a topic. Is that like the Cold War or something? Because Vietnam war is lowkey linked to that
Original post by Aryan3031
who did Russia and Soviet Union
Reply 5
Same. especially maths even though I have to do it for a level. I just can't wait till Friday.
Original post by xxlaila03xx
Reply 6
how did you find the maths exam today?
Reply 7
I think it was OK, like I knew how to answer the most questions in this paper.
I think I lost a maximum of 15 marks which is pretty good
I do AQA though so I don't know
How was yours?
how did you find the maths exam today?
Reply 8
I do edexcel. It was okay but I made some silly mistakes. Like for the volume of the cylinder I wrote the formula for the volume of cone instead. :frown: But I hope to get at least an 8 for maths but I don't think I have that chance. For one of the questions it was quadratic inequalities and I wish I used the quadratic formula. :frown:
I think it was OK, like I knew how to answer the most questions in this paper.
I think I lost a maximum of 15 marks which is pretty good
I do AQA though so I don't know
How was yours?
Reply 9
Yeah I wanted an 8 too
Don't worry, you're probably worrying too much, I'm sure you did well
I made a stupid mistake too, I had all the numbers to find the answer but didn't think to use the cosine rule even though its one of the only things I'm good at in maths. I also said density is measured in pascals so don't worry
I do edexcel. It was okay but I made some silly mistakes. Like for the volume of the cylinder I wrote the formula for the volume of cone instead. :frown: But I hope to get at least an 8 for maths but I don't think I have that chance. For one of the questions it was quadratic inequalities and I wish I used the quadratic formula. :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah its a proper topic, probably less common tho
Never heard of that being a topic. Is that like the Cold War or something? Because Vietnam war is lowkey linked to that
Reply 11
Did you find the paper OK?
What other topics did you do?
I did Medicine Through Time, Elizabethan England and American West as well as the whole Civil Rights/ Vietnam War thing
Nah its a proper topic, probably less common tho
Yh Russia was calm
Medicine, Cold War, Anglo Saxons/Normans
Lol making me fill out a survey
Did you find the paper OK?
What other topics did you do?
I did Medicine Through Time, Elizabethan England and American West as well as the whole Civil Rights/ Vietnam War thing
Reply 13
hahaa
Yeah history is pretty great
Yh Russia was calm
Medicine, Cold War, Anglo Saxons/Normans
Lol making me fill out a survey
Reply 14
I did Weimar and Nazi Germany and it went really well in my opinion
I am aiming for a high 8 or even a 9 but my main problem was that i barely included dates and years for the other papers

Got the 9!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you. I'm sure u did well too in history and maths. hope you get the grades u want for all the subjects :smile: good luck for tomorrow and friday. how are you feeling for chemistry? i feel so lazy and just want this all to be over :frown:
Yeah I wanted an 8 too
Don't worry, you're probably worrying too much, I'm sure you did well
I made a stupid mistake too, I had all the numbers to find the answer but didn't think to use the cosine rule even though its one of the only things I'm good at in maths. I also said density is measured in pascals so don't worry
for paper 1 i barely put dates, for paper 2 i think i put 1 or 2, and for paper 3 i put some dates but i think i got some of them wrong. For the 12 mark, what did you write for your 3rd point? because i didn't know law courts, i put gestapo for my 2nd bullet point instead, and for my 3rd bullet point i spoke about the SS.
Original post by nemo04
I did Weimar and Nazi Germany and it went really well in my opinion
I am aiming for a high 8 or even a 9 but my main problem was that i barely included dates and years for the other papers
Reply 17
you too!
I'm so scared for chemistry since the first paper didn't go that well for me
thank you. I'm sure u did well too in history and maths. hope you get the grades u want for all the subjects :smile: good luck for tomorrow and friday. how are you feeling for chemistry? i feel so lazy and just want this all to be over :frown:
I did weimar and nazi germany, I was over the moon seeing the 2nd question about creating the police state! I was telling everyone it is going to come up but no one listened to m, and boom the EXACT question came up! I am so happy !
I am so disappointed. I had the NAZI Germany paper too. Neither myself or any of my friends had been taught much about the questions that came up. I studied so hard and got great coursework and was hoping for at least a 7 , but I may as well have not revised for all the good it did me. Did anyone else find the History paper hard?

Latest

Trending

Trending