The Student Room Group

Cerelle

I have been taken the same contraceptive pill Cerelle/Cerezette for 8 years with no issues, occasionally giving myself a break once a year. This pill normally stops my periods, however I have been bleeding for the last 2 weeks, when speaking to the Dr she basically said to ‘get on with it’ and reccomended to take 2 of the same pills a day to stop periods. I am weary of this, does anyone have advice or their own similar experiences they can share?
Original post by thomasm567
I have been taken the same contraceptive pill Cerelle/Cerezette for 8 years with no issues, occasionally giving myself a break once a year. This pill normally stops my periods, however I have been bleeding for the last 2 weeks, when speaking to the Dr she basically said to ‘get on with it’ and reccomended to take 2 of the same pills a day to stop periods. I am weary of this, does anyone have advice or their own similar experiences they can share?

I'd follow your doctors advice but if it doesn't stop then i'd go back and discuss other options. I took cerazette for about a year and it suited me well for about 10 months and then i had non stop bleeding for 3 weeks so decided to stop taking it.
Reply 2
I’m just worried taking 2 Cerelles would do damage. There’s isn’t any research I can find to back this up.
Original post by claireestelle
I'd follow your doctors advice but if it doesn't stop then i'd go back and discuss other options. I took cerazette for about a year and it suited me well for about 10 months and then i had non stop bleeding for 3 weeks so decided to stop taking it.
Original post by thomasm567
I’m just worried taking 2 Cerelles would do damage. There’s isn’t any research I can find to back this up.

maybe call a pharmacy and see if they can help, or look in the patient information leaflet that should say something about higher doses.

Quick Reply

Latest