The Student Room Group

Vatican issues guidance questioning modern 'gender identity'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Catholic priests wear frocks and some of them have a penchant for young boys. Does that fall within the Catholic concept of nature and promote the family institution?

In fairness theyre very big on what goes on behind closed doors being private and all :wink:
Original post by CoolCavy
Nuclear family isnt all that it is cracked up to be. What matters is that the members love and care about each other regardless of gender or conformity

You're right. Who needs a functioning birth rate anyway right?
Reply 22
Original post by Jebedee

In fairness I’m struggling to think of any western countries who have a positive birth rate (ignoring immigration figures which skew it) that goes for all flavours of Christianity. Ironically enough the papists and other orthodox countries tend to be rather bad
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee

With 7 billion people on the planet and 11 billion by 2100; I really don't think that birth rate is a problem tbh.
Reply 24
Original post by James2312
With 7 billion people on the planet and 11 billion by 2100; I really don't think that birth rate is a problem tbh.

It's 'whose' birthrate that is the problem that they object to lol.
Original post by Napp
It's 'whose' birthrate that is the problem that they object to lol.

They? How well do you think you'll fit in surrounded by Arabs and subsarharan Africans? Great track record of treatment of minorities after all.
Original post by Jebedee

What has this got to do with either the nuclear family or the recognition of gender identity?
Reply 27
Original post by SHallowvale
What has this got to do with either the nuclear family or the recognition of gender identity?

cos muh white race gettin genocided by feminazis
My main concern is that the impact of this is mainly on women and can deny them places such as single sex swimming, changing rooms, and fair competitive sport. As a man I would not care if someone with a vagina was naked in a changing room with me, whereas a woman could feel threatened by the presence of someone naked with a penis, whatever their intentions. What a person wears and what title they want to use is not really an issue I think.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
:lol: you guys can say whatever you want. Catholicism isnt going anywhere, why do you guys bother with your futile pseudo intellectualism? I think it's good that the Church is finally addressing today's controversies :smile:

:jebus:

It's going down the drain, the amount of Catholics is decreasing every day, members of the Church have decreased the most out of all the religions in the world ( https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/catholic-church-lost-members-religion-u-s ).

There is no controversy, there's logic and there's the imbeciles.
Original post by Napp
In fairness I’m struggling to think of any western countries who have a positive birth rate (ignoring immigration figures which skew it) that goes for all flavours of Christianity. Ironically enough the papists and other orthodox countries tend to be rather bad

"papist
noun
an offensive word for a Roman Catholic"
(Cambridge Dictionary)

Which time warp did you pop out of and how many pinups of Arlene Foster do you have?
Reply 31
Original post by LiberOfLondon
"papist
noun
(Cambridge Dictionary)

Which time warp did you pop out of and how many pinups of Arlene Foster do you have?

Papist is an excellent dig. I'm all for resurrecting it.
Original post by Ascend
Papist is an excellent dig. I'm all for resurrecting it.

"N----- is an excellent word. I'm all for resurrecting it"
Can you see what a bigot you sound? What do you have against us Catholics?
Shame given they still hold remarkable influence, but they're an abusive organisation with a history of bigotry so I'm not surprised. They'll wane in power as time goes on, and they're sitting at odds with data and research which shouldn't help them.

Besides, annihilating the concept of nature sounds pretty ****ing metal. That's proper cyberpunk stuff.
Reply 34
"N----- is an excellent word. I'm all for resurrecting it"
Can you see what a bigot you sound? What do you have against us Catholics?

I can see humour in *****ing on ridiculous ideologues like papists and mohammedans but it doesn't really do it for me to call black people ******s. Skin colour doesn't really say much.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Shame given they still hold remarkable influence, but they're an abusive organisation with a history of bigotry so I'm not surprised. They'll wane in power as time goes on, and they're sitting at odds with data and research which shouldn't help them.

Besides, annihilating the concept of nature sounds pretty ****ing metal. That's proper cyberpunk stuff.

In 400 years time they’ll catch up and apologise.
Original post by SHallowvale

Pretty much everything.

Civilisations have only thrived via the economic value that comes about as a result of the nuclear family. Destroying that will cause the opposite effect.

The promotion of "alternative genders" will make more people unattractive as potential willing or desirable mates, thus reducing the birth rate.
Reply 37
"papist
noun
(Cambridge Dictionary)

Who says I like that fat ol’ *******?
Nevertheless it is a perfectly acceptable adjective in this instance.
Reply 38
Original post by Jebedee
They? How well do you think you'll fit in surrounded by Arabs and subsarharan Africans? Great track record of treatment of minorities after all.

I make no comment on the effects of it I’m simply stating a cast iron fact.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

Original post by Ascend
I can see humour in *****ing on ridiculous ideologues like papists and mohammedans but it doesn't really do it for me to call black people ******s. Skin colour doesn't really say much.

Original post by Napp
Who says I like that fat ol’ *******?
Nevertheless it is a perfectly acceptable adjective in this instance.

Original post by TheNamesBond.
It's going down the drain, the amount of Catholics is decreasing every day, members of the Church have decreased the most out of all the religions in the world ( https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/catholic-church-lost-members-religion-u-s ).

There is no controversy, there's logic and there's the imbeciles.

Original post by Jebedee

Original post by Jebedee

Original post by Napp
In fairness theyre very big on what goes on behind closed doors being private and all :wink:

And this is why I don't like discussing the Church; it always leads to bigots coming out of the woodwork.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending