The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2C-4CH1 12th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joejoeeames
He's talking about when handling acids and bleach...
which are corrosive.

but I didn't put that answer

Isaid the same things......not sure if saftey Goggles is the right answer as I said the burette or the equipment mentioned in that question must be below eye level..........why is nitrogen oxide produced?

What did you all ok for the disadvantage?
I'm agreeing with you... putting a GAS MASK is silly.
I replied to your correction by accident sorry
and yes... he is off his nut lol
Original post by leo1233
you should have hahaha
In context, the question was about handling bleach, which is corrosive and irritant.

Where did you get the gas mask stuff from? I haven't learnt that. I mean even if we take your answer, the mask will only protect you, what about the surrounding environment?

Original post by EditedRhyme
Not really, its actually wear a gas mask because chlorine gas is toxic. Nothing to do with corrosivity
(edited 4 years ago)
I did exactly that "fill burette below eye level". it was a sneaky question about titrations
Original post by Kate23456712
Isaid the same things......not sure if saftey Goggles is the right answer as I said the burette or the equipment mentioned in that question must be below eye level..........why is nitrogen oxide produced?

you could say something like --> nitrous oxides dissolve into the water in atmosphere forming dilute nitric acid causing acid rain that can affect soil acidity levels and therefore kill wildlife
Original post by Kate23456712

expected grade boundaries?
was the titration question the last question because i don’t remember seeing titration and im panicking now oH gOd
What corrosive... it’s fume cupboard
No No No. RELAX. There was no official question on a Titration, but the experiment was to find concentrations and it involved an Acid and an Alkaline. You will do absolutely fine if you write any relevant safety precautions to do with acids --> I just wrote one specifically about titrations
Original post by LiamGor
was the titration question the last question because i don’t remember seeing titration and im panicking now oH gOd
thank you so much !!
Original post by joejoeeames
No No No. RELAX. There was no official question on a Titration, but the experiment was to find concentrations and it involved an Acid and an Alkaline. You will do absolutely fine if you write any relevant safety precautions to do with acids --> I just wrote one specifically about titrations
the mole calculations was the last one so yes titration was the last one
Original post by LiamGor
I personally suspect:
if the first paper was nice and the second paper was ok then I'm guessing somewhere around 85% for a 9 as a conservative guess
Original post by nerddddo
expected grade boundaries?
Reply 52
What was alloy one answer?
And why air must be prevented from fermentation??
Reply 53
just to check wat was the mass number in the very first question, the question about the energy in an exothermic reaction like where it said refer to bond breaking and making, definition of a fuel and why fermentation doesn't need oxygen
Original post by NebularCortex
What corrosive... it’s fume cupboard

Yes, this is correct as it produces toxic Chlorine Gas, but you could also put general safety precautions regarding strong acids and alkalis like DoNt PoUr ThAt **** oN yOuR FaCe
seems fair
What did everyone get in titration... it was immediately before the Mole question
1. make sure you added up all the protons and neutrons: I think it was about 13.
2. bond breaking = an endothermic process and bond making = exothermic process. Less energy USED to break bonds, but more energy RELEASED when making them (hence -VE enthalpy change) therefore the reaction is exothermic
3. for fuel, I kinda guessed and put a substance that can be combusted in order to harvest energy from it
4. fermentation w/o oxygen produces ethanol and CO2. aerobic respiration with oxygen would only produce CO2 and water. Plus... if you leave the produced ethanol exposed to the air it could oxidise via microbial oxidation and become ethanoic acid
Original post by mg45
just to check wat was the mass number in the very first question, the question about the energy in an exothermic reaction like where it said refer to bond breaking and making, definition of a fuel and why fermentation doesn't need oxygen
yea i did the last question i was just panicking that there was like a proper titration based question with having to write steps. but thanks for replying, i was just a bit mixed up
Original post by nerddddo
the mole calculations was the last one so yes titration was the last one
Alloy Thingy:
the Mixture if different sized atoms in aluminiums crystalline structure cause it to be warped --> therefore the layers of atoms become more difficult to slide over each other, therefore making the material stronger and less malleable
Original post by Roynull
What was alloy one answer?
And why air must be prevented from fermentation??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending