The Student Room Group

Worried about upcoming surgery

I'm having surgery soon to have metalwork taken out of my left elbow. I had the original operation and was fine but for whatever reason I'm paranoid about this one, despite it being the same thing pretty much. Any advice?
What metalwork? Were they building a house inside?
Honestly it's normal to feel quite anxious before a surgery but you don't need to worry. Think of the benefits after you finish your surgery and how your elbow will be back to normal. If you are really worried I would suggest possible reading up on the surgery and what to expect I guess? But be careful what you click on because it might make you even more stressed. Good luck you'll be fine!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm having surgery soon to have metalwork taken out of my left elbow. I had the original operation and was fine but for whatever reason I'm paranoid about this one, despite it being the same thing pretty much. Any advice?
Reply 3
Thank you 👍
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly it's normal to feel quite anxious before a surgery but you don't need to worry. Think of the benefits after you finish your surgery and how your elbow will be back to normal. If you are really worried I would suggest possible reading up on the surgery and what to expect I guess? But be careful what you click on because it might make you even more stressed. Good luck you'll be fine!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
Original post by Anonymous
What metalwork? Were they building a house inside?

hilarious

Quick Reply

Latest